By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I did begin reading Leviathan Wakes last year (first book in The Expanse series), but didn't get too far. From what I remember it is set pretty far into the future, but the level of techonology isn't that far off what you've shown. There's no aliens or alien techonology type stuff, just other humans who've mutated from living in different environments like the asteroid belts. It all takes place in our solar system.

I need to get back to those books soon because the series will be finishing in a few months.

Around the Network
ice said:

I was bored and compiled a list of JRPG games on TA with the most users. I might've missed a few, but I figured I'd share

Monster Hunter: World - 189,476
Final Fantasy XV - 140,269
Dark Souls III - 99,732
Kingdom Hearts III - 90,210
NieR Automata - 74,285
Dark SOuls II: Scholar of the first sin - 59,325
Final Fantasy VII - 42,875
Code Vein - 30,604
Dragon Quest XI - 29,939
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - 27,806
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - 27,016
Phantasy Star Online 2 - 25,294
Onigiri - 26,314
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - 22,349
Final Fantasy IX - 20,218
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix - 17,128
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered - 16,362
Final Fantasy Type 0 - 15,590
Tales of Vesperia HD - 12,976
Final Fantasy X/X-2 - 10,212
Yakuza Like a Dragon - 8,454
Final Fantasy XII - 5,935
World of Final Fantasy - 5,914
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter - 5,463
Shining Resonance Refrain - 5,402
Valkyria Chronicles 4 - 4,512
Valkyria Revolution - 3,432
Romancing Saga 2 - 889
Romancing SaGa 3 - 166

Just keep in mind the FF and KH ports were so late to xbox lol Also being an achievement community they are less likely to play JRPG's because the list tends to be hard. Sega got screwed

Incredible how Monster Hunter has ended up being so big on Xbox even though it's mostly thanks to it being added in GamePass.

This one is an ultimate oof. Never expected VC4 to perform so bad on Xbox. Really hope this is not the case on other platforms, because VC4 selling less than Shining Resonance is so wrong in many ways.

As for the poll

Dishonored - haven't played any of these games
Doom - beaten all games except Doom 3. Enjoyed all the games except Doom 3
The Elder Scrolls - haven't played except a couple of hours of ESO
The Evil Within - haven't played
Fallout - haven't played
Prey - haven't played
Quake - old games were good, but all recent moves with the franchise were wrong in my opinion. Quake Champions kinda sucks. The last good thing that Bethesda made with the franchise was Quake Live (the browser version of Q3) and it was more than 10 years ago.
Rage - tried the first game and dropped a couple hours in
Wolfenstein - not a fan of the latest entries but they are somewhat ok, except maybe YoungBlood which I haven't played, but from what I've heard it's probably a good thing that I haven't played it.

So, to sum up, Doom easily. It's clearly the only Bethesda franchise I'm interested in at this point, but if Bethesda manages to bring Quake back to it's former glory, I would be all for it, but it doesn't seem likely.

derpysquirtle64 said:
ice said:

I was bored and compiled a list of JRPG games on TA with the most users. I might've missed a few, but I figured I'd share

Monster Hunter: World - 189,476
Final Fantasy XV - 140,269
Dark Souls III - 99,732
Kingdom Hearts III - 90,210
NieR Automata - 74,285
Dark SOuls II: Scholar of the first sin - 59,325
Final Fantasy VII - 42,875
Code Vein - 30,604
Dragon Quest XI - 29,939
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - 27,806
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - 27,016
Phantasy Star Online 2 - 25,294
Onigiri - 26,314
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - 22,349
Final Fantasy IX - 20,218
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix - 17,128
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered - 16,362
Final Fantasy Type 0 - 15,590
Tales of Vesperia HD - 12,976
Final Fantasy X/X-2 - 10,212
Yakuza Like a Dragon - 8,454
Final Fantasy XII - 5,935
World of Final Fantasy - 5,914
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter - 5,463
Valkyria Revolution - 3,432
Romancing Saga 2 - 889
Romancing SaGa 3 - 166

Just keep in mind the FF and KH ports were so late to xbox lol Also being an achievement community they are less likely to play JRPG's because the list tends to be hard. Sega got screwed

Incredible how Monster Hunter has ended up being so big on Xbox even though it's mostly thanks to it being added in GamePass.

This one is an ultimate oof. Never expected VC4 to perform so bad on Xbox. Really hope this is not the case on other platforms, because VC4 selling less than Shining Resonance is so wrong in many ways.

I can’t remember When it was posted but VC4 numbers were bad, all platforms together barely passed 1m if I recall correctly with Switch>>ps4>>>>Xbox 

Techland just makes too much sense, it would be a massive get for MS since they would be getting two AAA teams as well.

Around the Network

Techland would be... personally a top choice for me. DL was the best new IP for me last gen. I doubt they'd cancel the playstation version of DL2 as they've always honored what was announced previously and MS wouldn't want the bad PR. Maybe they annouce the 2nd game they are working on?

As for the FFVIIR thing, SE is on a kick with doing exclusive deals, They Just did a KH collection deal with Epic Game Store, and wouldn't be surprised if FFVIIR is also an Epic Store exclusive. Real scummy, they are quickly becoming my least favorite studio with all these deals, it's ridiculous. 

These dudes needa put up or shut up lol

ice said:

I hope fuckin' rock means Brütal Legend II lol.

Only thing that even seems to be enough to fulfill those expectations is buying Sega. Or Bamco...

KiigelHeart said:
ice said:

I hope fuckin' rock means Brütal Legend II lol.

Likely Starfield releasing this year as he runs a big youtube channel, mostly centered around bethesda games. That's my guess.