By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
trunkswd said:
SvennoJ said:

The servers are melting, a lot of people are reporting that online data and multiplayer aren't working. The servers seem to be down in the NY area. I'm still stuck updating the PC version, so slow. I downloads at up to 90 mbps, then pauses for a long time between files, just saying please wait ...

I guess I should attempt to install the offline mode stuff as I am hoping to stream it on Twitch soon. 

Offline mode looks, not so good. I recommend waiting or try the manual cache route to pre-download an area.

Offline data

vs Online map data

vs Photogrammetry data

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Offline mode looks terrible. If that is how it looks I won't even bother with downloading it. I flew outside of NYC and while it didn't look as good it wasn't half bad. 

You probably saw the low res sat data from too close. With the servers being too busy the game can't get the detailed data in fast enough, so you fly over lower LOD versions of the online data. Off-line data only gets used when you get the message your bandwidth is too low and get switched to off-line mode. (Or if you turn online data off completely).

It is indeed quite a shock when it switches to off-line data, in my example it actually still looks half decent. I wish I could delete it on PC, taking up a large chunk on my 256GB SSD.

95%! Please wait... this installer lol. (then I still have to grab the rest in the content manager I assume)

No issues with the server for me. I choose the 10mbs max.

Flew from Antwerp to Barcelona. Always enjoyed as a kid going from a gray wet summer to a hot summer location with the car, basically following the same way with a plane and seeing all the cities.

Some questions. I see other White planes, those are MP players right? but I don't seem them even when I close at an airport and they are lifting up. Is it an option?

2 how the hell do you brake? The game says press left arrow and press x. But trying to land with 130 knots and litterally being on the grounds for 10 seconds the arrow left and X doesn't seem to work so I just lift up again because it stays at 130. Gave up it after a few tries and just crashed the plane and I received the achievement for my first succesfull landing.

trunkswd said:
SvennoJ said:

You probably saw the low res sat data from too close. With the servers being too busy the game can't get the detailed data in fast enough, so you fly over lower LOD versions of the online data. Off-line data only gets used when you get the message your bandwidth is too low and get switched to off-line mode. (Or if you turn online data off completely).

It is indeed quite a shock when it switches to off-line data, in my example it actually still looks half decent. I wish I could delete it on PC, taking up a large chunk on my 256GB SSD.

95%! Please wait... this installer lol. (then I still have to grab the rest in the content manager I assume)

I just got real low to Walt Disney World. Talk about rough looking. I am guessing that is low res sat data? 

Photogrammetry data has its limits, doesn't look all that hot up close

This is what I got in Annaheim

And in Orlando

That's about as low you can go and still get somewhat decent results.

I checked out the entire world over the past 11 months, you can look up any location here :)
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/exploring-the-world-in-the-beechcraft-bonanza/266981

I'm still struggling with the installer, smh. The content manager keeps locking up, then re-installing what I just deleted to free up space. It is by far the worst installer I have ever encountered (on PC). My install size was up well over 150GB on my 256GB SSD. I need room for the pagefile to grow and have a decent buffer left over not to kill my SSD, ugh.

The discovery flights should be quick, then delete. Same with the new training. (I had already deleted the old ones after completing them).

Around the Network

Wasn’t really interested in flight sim but these screenshots peaked my interest. Downloading it now.

trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

Welfare from ResetEra estimating Xbox Series X|S shipment figures of ~6.4 million as of June 30, 2021. We have sold through sales of 5.82 million for July 3. 

Yeah I think VGC is probably under tracking the Series X by a few hundred thousand. With that revenue it’s probably over 6m

I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say that this console cycle will be more successful than the 360 Era!

Ryuu96 said:

Does sell in mean sold to retailers or sold to consumers?

Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:

Welfare from ResetEra estimating Xbox Series X|S shipment figures of ~6.4 million as of June 30, 2021. We have sold through sales of 5.82 million for July 3. 

From, RESETERA?! @Welfare from VGChartz! 

Jk, Lol, I know he's more on ResetEra now, I was hoping he would pop in and post that tweet himself 😥

See I thought that number always included accessories but apparently not.

I don't really get involved in this sales stuff though, Lol.

Also, hey Welfare if you are lurking.

Hi!

Yeah, been busy responding to people on Twitter.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287