IGN's Poll for Which New Xbox Game Studio are you most excited to see a game from? Has Obsidian winning with 41.9% of the votes so far, followed by Ninja Theory at 23.9%, Playground Games at 14.9%, The Initiative at 11.6%, Undead Labs at 4.5%, InXile at 1.7% and Compulsion Games at 1.5%.
Compared to our poll from the last Empire thread.
Anyone thinking about changing their rankings? I'm growing more convinced that InXile is going to be a dark horse into next gen and surprise a lot of people, my rankings would remain mostly the same but I'm growing some excitement over the thought of The Initiative working on Perfect Dark since I want a Cyberpunk title from Xbox.
My Ranking of Excitement.
- Playground Games
- The Initiative
- Ninja Theory
- Undead Labs
- Compulsion Games
- World's Edge.
1. Playground Games- The thought of possibly getting both FH5 Japan and a Fable reboot from them easily puts them at number 1 for me.
2. Obsidian- A sequel to The Outer Worlds and the rumored Skyrim like AAA 3D Pillars of Eternity both sound great, MS having their own 1st party Elder Scrolls like and Fallout like is amazing for me as I love Bethesda’s games.
3. The Initiative- The hope that they’re working on a story driven 3rd person action-adventure reboot of Perfect Dark puts them high on my list. Though it does worry me that Phil keeps saying they are doing something very different, I hope that doesn’t mean that is some non-traditional game.
4. inXile- I wasn’t very hyped for inXile when they were first acquired because they mainly make AA 2D isometric RPG’s that don’t interest me, but as soon as they started talking about making a AAA 3D RPG my interest level shot up.
5. World’s Edge- I was a big AoE fan once upon a time, especially AoE2. I have high hopes that Worlds Edge will be able to return the franchise to it’s former glory.
6. Double Fine- It’s a little hard for me to get hyped for Double Fine just yet since unlike many of the other studios we have no idea what they are working on other than Psychonauts 2. My hopes for them are Costume Quest 3 and Brutal Legend 2, but I fear we won’t get either anytime soon.
7. Ninja Theory- It’s a little hard for me to get excited for them because I’m not a big Hellblade fan, and because their other projects are horror games and I don’t usually play horror games, I watch let’s plays of them on YouTube instead. Bleeding Edge is great and I’m definitely excited to see future content for it, but I fear the game will die without receiving much DLC sadly.
8. Compulsion- I see a lot of potential here, We Happy Few had promise but was overambitious for their team size and budget at the time, which caused them to rush the game out before it was ready, and to rely on repetitive content to pad out the game. But with MS budget they have expanded some and I hope that with the increased budget and team size that they will be able to meet the high AA scope of their next project. They could become Microsoft’s very own first party version of Irrational Games, making Bioshock like games.
9. Undead Labs- Hard for me to get excited about them since we pretty much know that they are doing State of Decay 3. Zombies games aren’t really my cup of tea.
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 04 April 2020