Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor:PS5 & Anaconda Scarlet GPU on par with RTX 2080, Xbox exclusives focus on Cross gen, Developer complain about Lockhart.UPDATE: Windows Central said Xbox Anaconda target 12 teraflop

What do you think

I am excited for next gen 22 61.11%
 
I cannot wait to play next gen consoles 4 11.11%
 
I need to find another th... 2 5.56%
 
I worried about next gen 8 22.22%
 
Total:36
vivster said:
Barkley said:

Not a chance the PS5/Scarlet are equivalent to an RTX 2080. The RX 5700 XT is the best Navi card atm, it's not as good as an RTX 2080 and it costs $400.

Performance will be closer to the RTX 2060, a little below the RX 5700 (non XT).

Don't forget that those consoles won't come out for another year. By that time a 2070 will be midrange. Not hard to believe that consoles will be around that power.

Dude, you can't just move facts around. The Radeon 5500 is a mid-range card ($200), it's on 7nm and loses to radeon 580. How much $/perf you actually believe Nvidias 7nm cards will improve? I'm not expecting much.



6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network

What have they done SJW related? Is serious?



JEMC said:
Barkley said:

Not a chance the PS5/Scarlet are equivalent to an RTX 2080. The RX 5700 XT is the best Navi card atm, it's not as good as an RTX 2080 and it costs $400.

Performance will be closer to the RTX 2060, a little below the RX 5700 (non XT).

We also need to remember that PS5/Scarlet will probably target 4K as their goal resolution, and that demands a lot of power (unless they go for a checkerboard trick again).

Agree with this, accept we will see a non native 4k resolution technique next gen as well, because some developer might focus on graphic quality iq, or effect, over resolution or perhaps some will be focusing on frame rates over resolution. The point is both are capable of 4k 60fps ish without dictating  developer what they have to do with the machine. It will be up to developer. 



I very much prefer Sony strategy of exclusives going straight for PS5 than keep crossgen with last gen baseline.
I'm ready to buy.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

I doubt that the GPU's in PS5 and Scarlett are on par with a GTX 2080, at least in terms of raw specs. The cost would be ridiculous, and I can't see MS and Sony being willing to subsidize by that much. My thinking is that the developer source who told Schreier that meant that after console optimizations, PS5 and Scarlett games will look as good as the same game running on a PC with a GTX 2080. GTX 2070 tier specs, GTX 2080 tier performance after console optimizations in other words.



Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
I doubt that the GPU's in PS5 and Scarlett are on par with a GTX 2080, at least in terms of raw specs. The cost would be ridiculous, and I can't see MS and Sony being willing to subsidize by that much. My thinking is that the developer source who told Schreier that meant that after console optimizations, PS5 and Scarlett games will look as good as the same game running on a PC with a GTX 2080. GTX 2070 tier specs, GTX 2080 tier performance after console optimizations in other words.

Probably you are correct.  The total optimization of the CPU and GPU tandem on APU plus better RAM, as well using low level API on consoles will have similar result with PC games running on RTX 2080 using Windows PC. So the GPU probably on the level between 2070 to 2080. 



I agree with optimization of a console. They will be able to get performance like rtx 2080 and even more few years down the line. But there is no way the specs will be on par with it.



 

Lockhart is a big mistake. When we get 2 years in and MS is still trying to force devs to make last gen versions of games, even smaller teams who don't have resources to, I think you will see some dropping support.



thismeintiel said:
Lockhart is a big mistake. When we get 2 years in and MS is still trying to force devs to make last gen versions of games, even smaller teams who don't have resources to, I think you will see some dropping support.

Agreed. Hopefully they either abandon the project soon, or increase the specs to maybe 7 tflop and only slightly less RAM than Anaconda. If they bump it up to 7 tflop and only like 2 GB less RAM than Anaconda it should be powerful enough to meet the 1440p target that MS set for developers on Lockhart, with no other graphical downgrades compared to the Anaconda version. Will be alot easier for developers if all they have to downgrade is the resolution, too much work if they have to downgrade more than resolution to get a game to run on Lockhart.

Ideally though, they should drop Lockhart entirely, and just release a discless version of Anaconda, and subsidize it in order to hit an attractive price point that is $100 less than the disc drive Anaconda. They can make back what they lose on the subsidized console with the higher profit margin on digital game sales. 

Another reason why Lockhart is a terrible idea: if we get mid-gen upgrade consoles, which Sony is already hinting at for PS5, developers will have to support 3 different Xbox consoles with different specs; Lockhart, Anaconda, and whatever the codename for the mid-gen upgrade console will be. Devs will absoutely hate having to support 3 different Xbox's with different specs. Just release a discless Anaconda instead of Lockhart Microsoft.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 06 December 2019

All of this if true just shows why i am not an XBOX-guy.



Nothing to see here, move along