By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official Thread: The Impeachment of President Donald Trump

LurkerJ said:
TruckOSaurus said:

So extorting a foreign government to do the president's bidding is unimportant? What the hell is important then? 

I dunno, lying to wage an illegal war on Iraq

The bar of impeachment has been lowered so much that if Trump is impeached, every future president will be walking on very thin ice. 

Bush like Trump was a republican president, I guess when they grossly break the law nothing happends.

Meanwhile Bill got a blowjob and got so much sh*t for it.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
LurkerJ said:

The bar of impeachment has been lowered so much that if Trump is impeached, every future president will be walking on very thin ice. 

First, Trump has been impeached, there's no if there. Second, they impeached Bill Clinton for lying about a blowjob so I wouldn't call extorting a foreign government for personal gain a low bar.

Yup, Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, had he been honest about his sexual perversion and just admitted that he, the most powerful man on earth, used & abused a 22 year old girl for his sexual advantage the republicans wouldn't have a strong case against him. Oh, and I love how we're marginalizing what Clinton did; "it was just a blowjob". He kinda ruined a 22 year old girl's life you know, I thought we should be outraged by much smaller things like inappropriate locker room talk and what not 

Trump is impeached, welcome to another nothingburger (after russiagate). He'll continue to be the president until the impeachment dies in the senate. 

LurkerJ said:
TruckOSaurus said:

First, Trump has been impeached, there's no if there. Second, they impeached Bill Clinton for lying about a blowjob so I wouldn't call extorting a foreign government for personal gain a low bar.

Yup, Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, had he been honest about his sexual perversion and just admitted that he, the most powerful man on earth, used & abused a 22 year old girl for his sexual advantage the republicans wouldn't have a strong case against him. Oh, and I love how we're marginalizing what Clinton did; "it was just a blowjob". He kinda ruined a 22 year old girl's life you know, I thought we should be outraged by much smaller things like inappropriate locker room talk and what not 

Trump is impeached, welcome to another nothingburger (after russiagate). He'll continue to be the president until the impeachment dies in the senate. 

Still not clear on if you think extorting foreign governments for personal gain is a-OK? 

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
LurkerJ said:

Still not clear on if you think extorting foreign governments for personal gain is a-OK? 

It is obviously not, I don't just think he will be removed from office though.

He's been ruling like every other establishment president so far, including Obama, what is so upsetting about him anyway? Illegal wars are ongoing, troops are being sent to Saudi Arabia of all places, giant corporations are happy, illegal immigrants continue to make their way to the USA and be used by the rich as cheap labour. It's been a non stop Christmas for all parties involved, maybe a new full blown war against Iran or Russia is what's missing? The whole thing might be dragged out until we get to know who's running as the democratic nominee, and if it's not a media-favorite like Biden, you won't hear about impeachment again. 

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 19 December 2019

LurkerJ said:
TruckOSaurus said:

He's been ruling like every other establishment president so far, including Obama, what is so upsetting about him anyway? Illegal wars are ongoing, troops are being sent to Saudi Arabia of all places, giant corporations are happy, illegal immigrants continue to make their to the USA and used by the rich as cheap labour, it's been a non stop Christmas for all parties involved, maybe a new full blown war against Iran or Russia is what's missing? The whole might be dragged out until we get to know who's running as the democratic nominee, and if it's not a media-favorite like Biden, you won't hear about it again. 

So it's not OK to do it but it's also not a high enough crime to warrant impeachment?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
LurkerJ said:

He's been ruling like every other establishment president so far, including Obama, what is so upsetting about him anyway? Illegal wars are ongoing, troops are being sent to Saudi Arabia of all places, giant corporations are happy, illegal immigrants continue to make their to the USA and used by the rich as cheap labour, it's been a non stop Christmas for all parties involved, maybe a new full blown war against Iran or Russia is what's missing? The whole might be dragged out until we get to know who's running as the democratic nominee, and if it's not a media-favorite like Biden, you won't hear about it again. 

So it's not OK to do it but it's also not a high enough crime to warrant impeachment?

Definitely not OK. Not sure if it warrants removing him from office though. 

I do hope he's removed from office and IF IT MEANT that every next president is held to the same high standards. Otherwise, what is the point? 

SpokenTruth said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

You say we are brainwashed for listening to news. Where do you get your information from then?  Have you read any of the impeachment documents?  If not, then you yourself have been getting your information from some news source and your assertion we are brainwashed must be equally applied to yourself.

Yes, I believe that you are brainwashed for listening to media produced by large corporations.  Corporations and the truth are non-conformable by their very nature as companies only promote what their controlling interests want to see done.  Don't you understand that these companies are controlled by individuals who have close ties with intelligence agencies and have very vested reasons to be opposed to Trump and the US resurgence and see industry shifted to places like China.  They are using military-style propaganda on you because it has worked in every other country that has been over-thrown by them in the past 50 years. 

If you truly do not believe that you are being lied to by your media, why don't you listen to a Trump rally and document all of the instances where Trump expresses disdain for people on the basis of their skin color?  If you are right, then you should be able to find numerous tangible quotes where Trump indicates that the white skin color is superior to that of darker pigments.  You should be able to find clear instances where he expresses disdain for all immigrants (not just those that come illegally) and you should not be able to ever see trump shaking hands with black people or hugging or carrying a black baby on his shoulders during his rallies.  The reality is, though, that basically nobody who listens to and believes the mainstream media will go anywhere near watching a Trump rally (and the MSM will never show you anything more than the occaisonal out-of-context clip).  It is the nature of the cult programming that you not go anywhere near a source of information that may challenge or cause you to question what you have been told is true.  In fact I am sure that you believe that the people at the Trump rallies are the cultists: the only way for you to know for sure is to observe both sides and document the side that is telling you the most truth.

As for better news sources, try following news sources such as bloggers, podcasts, local news, talk radio or anything that is not scripted and ideally allows callers or editorials with views on both sides of the isle.  Even if you are listening to sources that are leftists at least the messaging will be less controlled and the psychological programming will be far less effective.

SpokenTruth said:
LurkerJ said:

GOOD!  Full stop. That means we are holding presidents accountable just like everyone else.  Maybe now they'll follow the rule of law and do what is right for us rather than what they think is right for them.

Walk that thin ice.  If can't handle that, don't frikkin run. If you are not principled enough for the job to do it rightly for all, you do not deserve to hold it.

Freaks me out you see this as a bad thing.

I don't see it as a bad thing, I see it as an impossible thing, if Trump gets removed from office and every future president gets scrutinized for their wrong doings, go ahead, remove him now! However, the truth is that the only reason this phone call is a big deal is because the media decided to make it so, not because the public is hyper-aware of everything that's going at the white house. Which is understandable, most people lead busy lives with barely enough entertainment time to keep them going, asking them to do their homework and follow independent media sources on top of following corporate media is not reasonable and may as well be impossible unless journalism is what they do for a living, but on other other hand, we should acknowledge the fact that we don't know enough and as a society, we never bother to chase the truth unless it's being driven to us by the media, which makes it easy to fall for narratives that are obviously being pushed for reasons that has nothing to do with principled journalism. 

We already have Pelosi, asked the same question twice within a matter of days, about how Bush got away with such big lies that cost the US and Iraq countless of innocent lives and money, and all she could do was contradicting herself on why she didn't bother with Bush and blurring the lines of what is impeachable or not. I can already see her turning a blind eye to whatever wrongs the next president will do.

Illusion said:

If you truly do not believe that you are being lied to by your media, why don't you listen to a Trump rally and document all of the instances where Trump expresses disdain for people on the basis of their skin color?  If you are right, then you should be able to find numerous tangible quotes where Trump indicates that the white skin color is superior to that of darker pigments.  You should be able to find clear instances where he expresses disdain for all immigrants (not just those that come illegally) and you should not be able to ever see trump shaking hands with black people or hugging or carrying a black baby on his shoulders during his rallies.

So only people who openly admit to being racist can be considered racist? Shaking hands with a black person disqualifies one from being racist?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

LurkerJ said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Definitely not OK. Not sure if it warrants removing him from office though. 

I do hope he's removed from office and IF IT MEANT that every next president is held to the same high standards. Otherwise, what is the point? 

Of course, every future president should be held to the same standards. I agree that you can't apply the rules only when it's the guy you don't like that's in place. That would be like voting for rules outlining the impeachment process and then whining about them when they're applied to your guy.

Signature goes here!