By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where is the line between Nintendo and DeNA/Niantic/Etc in mobile games?

This is a debate I've seen a bit in the recent Animal Crossing Pocket Camp issues, but might as well try to get a better sample source than a comment section. 

In a mobile game like Pocket Camp, World Tour, or Go where is the line between the choice of the developer (Niantic or DeNA for example) versus the publisher (Nintendo). 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

Nintendo had to approve this monetization systems. There's no difference between Pokemon Go's monetization and Mario Kart Go because, in the end, Nintendo has the responsibility of taking care of their own image, and if they know any third party is going to license their brands with unsavoury monetization in mind, they have the choice of accepting or declining the offer. And even more when that is done in house.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.