Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jedi: Fallen Order Discussion.

I am...

Loving Fallen Order 3 21.43%

Enjoyig Fallen Order 2 14.29%

Middle of the road 1 7.14%

Disliking Fallen Order 0 0.00%

Hating Fallen Order 0 0.00%

Other/Havn't played 2 14.29%

Fuck EA 6 42.86%

Total:14

Ugh I don't know if anyone agree with me, but the combat is similiar to Sekiro and it's just terrible. Sekiro and this Star wars game has 1 big problem that I hate.

The character turns around the whole body when you want to walk backwards if you don't target-lock enemies, this make the gameplay very clunky. When you target-lock enemies your character backpedals instead making it easier to get into position and block attacks, but if you don't target-lock your character turns around the whole body and it's just very clunky, even if your target-lock it's still somewhat clunky.

Compare this to God of war, your character/Kratos always backpedals even if you haven't target-lock an enemy. Around 90%+ of the enemies there's just no need for target-lock and you can even complete the whole game without using target-lock at all.

Second problem with Star wars: the fallen order is there's no sensitivity to increase how fast you look around, it's exist for PC but not for console? Anyway only played about 3 hours and this with target-lock just sucks so badly.

Last edited by Trumpstyle - on 17 November 2019

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network
Trumpstyle said:

Ugh I don't know if anyone agree with me, but the combat is similiar to Sekiro and it's just terrible. Sekiro and this Star wars game has 1 big problem that I hate.

The character turns around the whole body when you want to walk backwards if you don't target-lock enemies, this make the gameplay very clunky. When you target-lock enemies your character backpedals instead making it easier to get into position and block attacks, but if you don't target-lock your character turns around the whole body and it's just very clunky, even if your target-lock it's still somewhat clunky.

Compare this to God of war, your character/Kratos always backpedals even if you haven't target-lock an enemy. Around 90%+ of the enemies there's just no need for target-lock and you can even complete the whole game without using target-lock at all.

Second problem with Star wars: the fallen order is there's no sensitivity to increase how fast you look around, it's exist for PC but not for console? Anyway only played about 3 hours and this with target-lock just sucks so badly.

I have target lock off, have found it fine? I'll turn it on next time I am playing and see what impact it has.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

^Same, I haven't had many issues playing without target lock, only use it for the boss fights. The only time where the body not facing the right direction thing that Trumpstyle mentioned has hurt me is sometimes when I go to force push rockets back at rocket launcher stormtroopers, but there aren't alot of them in the game and it usually works, so it's not a big deal.

shikamaru317 said:

^Same, I haven't had many issues playing without target lock, only use it for the boss fights. The only time where the body not facing the right direction thing that Trumpstyle mentioned has hurt me is sometimes when I go to force push rockets back at rocket launcher stormtroopers, but there aren't alot of them in the game and it usually works, so it's not a big deal.

You...just changed my life.

I didnt even think to try this. First thing tonight! So many ways to approach this game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
shikamaru317 said:

You...just changed my life.

I didnt even think to try this. First thing tonight! So many ways to approach this game.

You can also freeze them with the slow power, blaster bolts as well. There is a trophy/achievement for killing an enemy with his own blaster bolt, and in order to get it you have to freeze the blaster bolt, then force pull them into the frozen blaster bolt. 

Around the Network
COKTOE said:

EA and Disney? That's a stinky meatball. Pac-man 256 has been a blast. Bought it on PSN for 99 cents.

I wouldn't have even commented without the Fuck EA option in the poll. I feel that option opened things up a bit though.

#EAtshit

I feel your suffering, COKTOE. 

China Numba wan!!

I'm trying really hard not to hate this game. It's getting more leeway than most but too often it's like the level designers didn't play the game or the QA team was miniscule.

It's almost as if the game took control off of me but the reason for this nonsesne is animations getting in the way and pulling the camera and controls like a magnet away from me. It is so frustrating and not the first time it has happened to me. 

China Numba wan!!

Almost done with the game now, just the final mission and collectible mop-up remains for me. Unless the ending is terrible I will probably give it an 8.8/10. It's the 3rd best game I've played this year after KH3 and The Outer Worlds:

Pros

• Great story and characters
  • Great graphics, art design, and music
  • Fun platforming
  • Best lightsaber customization of any Star Wars game to date (though I would have liked a few more blade color options, KOTOR 2 still remains at the top in terms of blade color options)
  • 2nd best saber combat of any Star Wars game after Jedi Academy

Cons

• Not the biggest fan of the Souls influences that went into the design, though it is at least easier than other Souls-likes, thanks to multiple difficulty tiers
  • Lack of fast travel combined with not all collectible types showing up on the regional map completion checklist, make collectible hunting a real drag
  • Clothing customization is lackluster, it's all just recolors of the base outfit and poncho
  • A few minor bugs, mainly graphical (hair moving in odd ways, lighting engine issues), fell through the world once forcing me to restart the game and respawn at the last checkpoint  
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 23 November 2019

I was honestly mildly interested in this game during it's first showing, but after finding out that it's basically SW infused with DS, I've since been put off getting the game entirely. I just don't like DS mechanics being tossed into any sort of game. I'd love for Respawn's next SW game (or any in general) to take a Force Unleashed approach, because to me, that game and it's sequel were what I looked for in Star Wars combat. Even Battlefront I-II had me enjoying their combat mechanics.

John2290 said:

I'm trying really hard not to hate this game. It's getting more leeway than most but too often it's like the level designers didn't play the game or the QA team was miniscule.

It's almost as if the game took control off of me but the reason for this nonsesne is animations getting in the way and pulling the camera and controls like a magnet away from me. It is so frustrating and not the first time it has happened to me. 

I see the adjustment, coming off Death Stranding, back to something that involves more than walking is proving rather difficult for you. Maybe you'd get on better if you just pretend that little droid on your back needs to be delivered to someone on the other side of that gap?