By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Age of Empires IV - Gameplay Reveal

trunkswd said:
I've never played an Age of Empires game, but I will likely be trying this out for PC when it comes out. I feel like this is a game much better on a keyboard and mouse.

Man, are you in for a treat.

AoE 2 is currently my favorite of the bunch. It's on Steam if you want to try it out.

Around the Network

Too little to really say anything. The look of the city reminded me of stronghold and makes me wonder if there'll be a great(er) emphasis on siege warfare in aoe4. But that might just be for show, for the trailer.

No idea if it'll be good, but thank goodness it isn't modern/sci-fi.

Replicant said:
trunkswd said:
I've never played an Age of Empires game, but I will likely be trying this out for PC when it comes out. I feel like this is a game much better on a keyboard and mouse.

Man, are you in for a treat.

AoE 2 is currently my favorite of the bunch. It's on Steam if you want to try it out.

Even better for me is that it is on Game Pass for PC. I was lucky enough to get 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate for $1.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

JEMC said:
It does lok very, very good.

My only worry is that, with the game being developed by Relic, I don't know if the game will feature the classic singular units or if it will be based around formations, something that proper gameplay would answer.

Yeah, I'm hoping myself that it doesn't turn into something of a clone of TW, because we already have TW for formations and the like. 

I'm really excited by AoE IV, but I'm afraid it might deviate too much from AoE II. Simplicity always worked best for this series.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqhtTdBYZmw

Looking forward to playing it, when does it release?

Azzanation said:
Looking forward to playing it, when does it release?

Aiming for 2021 according to a poster on Era.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-game-studios-ot6-im-back-to-rise.132019/post-26570324