By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Age of Empires IV - Gameplay Reveal

That actually looks sweet af.

Around the Network

Cinematic trailer, but still im hyped. Im totally looking forward to this one.

The units defending on the walls made me come.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Jpcc86 said:
Cinematic trailer, but still im hyped. Im totally looking forward to this one.

I was going to say this is not really a gameplay reveal, you beat me to i. I'm looking forward to this one too.

As someone commented on YT. AoE: 2+2.
Which is really, really good, AoE 2 still stands as one of the best games ever made.

Around the Network

It does lok very, very good.

My only worry is that, with the game being developed by Relic, I don't know if the game will feature the classic singular units or if it will be based around formations, something that proper gameplay would answer.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Looks amazing. Downloading AoE II now.

trunkswd said:
I've never played an Age of Empires game, but I will likely be trying this out for PC when it comes out. I feel like this is a game much better on a keyboard and mouse.

Man, are you in for a treat.

AoE 2 is currently my favorite of the bunch. It's on Steam if you want to try it out.

Too little to really say anything. The look of the city reminded me of stronghold and makes me wonder if there'll be a great(er) emphasis on siege warfare in aoe4. But that might just be for show, for the trailer.

No idea if it'll be good, but thank goodness it isn't modern/sci-fi.

JEMC said:
It does lok very, very good.

My only worry is that, with the game being developed by Relic, I don't know if the game will feature the classic singular units or if it will be based around formations, something that proper gameplay would answer.

Yeah, I'm hoping myself that it doesn't turn into something of a clone of TW, because we already have TW for formations and the like. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"