By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sword/Shield Official Metacritic Score/Review Thread. (80)

Tagged games:

Where will Pokemon Sword/Shield metacritic be?

Between 0-50. 2 2.44%

Between 51-70. 2 2.44%

Between 71-79. 13 15.85%

Between 80 6 7.32%

Between 81-82 20 24.39%

Between 83-84 21 25.61%

Between 85-86 10 12.20%

Between 87-88 4 4.88%

Between 89-90 0 0%

Above 90. 4 4.88%

Total:82

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by Machina **

Where will Pokemon Sword/Shield metacritic be?

Between 0-50. 0 $0.00 0%

Between 51-70. 0 $0.00 0%

Between 71-79. 4 $1,150.00 15.38%

Between 80 1 $1,000.00 3.85%

Between 81-82 9 $5,080.00 34.62%

Between 83-84 7 $2,470.00 26.92%

Between 85-86 1 $0.00 3.85%

Between 87-88 3 $160.00 11.54%

Between 89-90 0 $0.00 0%

Above 90. 1 $100.00 3.85%

Totals: 26 $9,960.00  
Game closed: 12/31/2019
JWeinCom said:
MasonADC said:

Clearly GF wants the game to be played in a certain way, so I don’t see why there should be a toggle 

Because it makes the experience better for those who want the feature, and in no way detracts from the experience of those who don't.

I don't care how Game Freak wants the game for me.  The question for me as a consumer is whether the decisions they make make the game better or worse.  If you could think of a valid reason why Gamefreak's decision improves the game, go for it.  Otherwise, your argument is essentially just "because they said so", which is a pretty crappy argument.

It makes the game better because that’s the way the game is meant to be played, what are you not understanding 

Around the Network

My copy just arrived, so I'll soon find out how good or how disappointing it is.

Chrkeller said:
Meta user reviews are at a 3.7 this morning. Crazy to me how childish people are. Which is fine in itself. What is the real shame is user reviews have lost all meaning at this point. I am not specifically talking about Pokemon, but user reviews in general. 

I bet you didn't actually read the reviews and only called them childish because you don't agree with the score, now that would be truly childish! I don't agree with the critic score but since I can respect the views of others even if they differ from my own you won't see me insulting them.

I did expect the inevitable review bomb to be filled with single sentence judgments, developer insults, and such unintelligible hatred. While most reviews are but a paragraph long which just isn't enough to fully cover a game, there's plenty based around critical thought and facts at least. Actually learned something in fact, the game can apparently delete all data from your SD card.

Now do I agree with the scores being that low? Nah, but eh they're just as free to have their scores as the critics and we're free to take it or leave it.

Last edited by Lonely_Dolphin - on 15 November 2019

Well.. It was good enough to take 11hrs from my day so far 😅 The last time I enjoyed a pokemon game this much was gold/silver!

Cucumberry said:
Well.. It was good enough to take 11hrs from my day so far 😅 The last time I enjoyed a pokemon game this much was gold/silver!

As someone who enjoyed Gold/Silver so much... how do you feel about Sword/Shield lack of "dungeons"? In G/S we had Ilex Forest, the two Rocket bases, Dark Cave, Mt. Mortar, Victory Road, Ice Path, etc... but from I could gather from reviews, these type of areas are almost gone from Sword and Shield.

Are you ok with that? Does the game give you something to compensate?

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Chrkeller said:
Meta user reviews are at a 3.7 this morning. Crazy to me how childish people are. Which is fine in itself. What is the real shame is user reviews have lost all meaning at this point. I am not specifically talking about Pokemon, but user reviews in general. 

I bet you didn't actually read the reviews and only called them childish because you don't agree with the score, now that would be truly childish! I don't agree with the critic score but since I can respect the views of others even if they differ from my own you won't see me insulting them.

I did expect the inevitable review bomb to be filled with single sentence judgments, developer insults, and such unintelligible hatred. While most reviews are but a paragraph long which just isn't enough to fully cover a game, there's plenty based around critical thought and facts at least. Actually learned something in fact, the game can apparently delete all data from your SD card.

Now do I agree with the scores being that low? Nah, but eh they're just as free to have their scores as the critics and we're free to take it or leave it.

It can delete all your save data? How? 

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Chrkeller said:

No, I don't agree with reviewing a 30+ hour game that just released.  And that is true for low scores and high scores.  And it is true with most all games, not just Pokemon.  The practice of intentionally trying to drive a score because reasons is silly.  Quick question, is english your first language?

Edit

And I question if game saves are really being deleted.  It feels like that is just childish nonsense to scare people away from buying a game.  Reviewing a game and trying to discourage (or encourage) people's decisions are two drastically different things.  

And again this isn't just about Pokemon, but gaming in general.   Heck Horizon Zero Dawn has many 0 ratings on Meta.  I get everybody has different tastes, but giving Horizon a 0 is flat out nutso.  

"we're free to take it or leave it."

Exactly my point.  Thanks for agreeing.  User reviews are toxic for certain games, so I'll be leaving it.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 15 November 2019

Cerebralbore101 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

It can delete all your save data? How? 

By getting corrupted. I don't think it's isolated to just Sword and Shield, though.

BraLoD said:
Chrkeller said:

No, I don't agree with reviewing a 30+ hour game that just released.  And that is true for low scores and high scores.  And it is true with most all games, not just Pokemon.  The practice of intentionally trying to drive a score because reasons is silly.  Quick question, is english your first language?

Edit

And I question if game saves are really being deleted.  It feels like that is just childish nonsense to scare people away from buying a game.  Reviewing a game and trying to discourage (or encourage) people's decisions are two drastically different things.  

Google it.

I have.  And it very well may be true.  It is hard to tell if there is an issue or if haters are going after Pokemon.  I'm curious to see a major outlet confirm that it is a problem.  Especially since I have an SD card, so I kind of really want to know.  Shameful if it is a wide spread problem. 

MasonADC said:
JWeinCom said:

Because it makes the experience better for those who want the feature, and in no way detracts from the experience of those who don't.

I don't care how Game Freak wants the game for me.  The question for me as a consumer is whether the decisions they make make the game better or worse.  If you could think of a valid reason why Gamefreak's decision improves the game, go for it.  Otherwise, your argument is essentially just "because they said so", which is a pretty crappy argument.

It makes the game better because that’s the way the game is meant to be played, what are you not understanding 

Pretty much this, because it makes no sense.  You're basically saying that any decision that a developer makes is inherently a good one that makes the game better.  Are developers incapable of making a bad decision that makes their game worse?