By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: Death Stranding is second biggest PS4 exclusive & the second biggest new IP 2019

News from UK: Death Stranding, Its the second biggest PS4 exclusive and the second biggest new IP released this year, behind another PS4 exclusive - Days Gone, which was released in April.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/441301/death-stranding-has-2nd-biggest-ps4-launch-of-2019-in-the-uk/

The new Top 10:

Last Week This Week Title
1 1 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
New Release 2 Death Stranding
3 3 FIFA 20
2 4 Luigis Mansion 3
New Release 5 Need for Speed: Heat
4 6 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
New Release 7 Fortnite: Darkfire Bundle
New Release 8 Mario & Sonic At The Tokyo Olympic Games
13 9 Minecraft
8 10 Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 12 November 2019

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Is it really though? I probably should have called out the VGC article for the same thing, but hey, better late than never, right?

But anyways, is it the 2nd biggest PS4 launch of the year (ie. above one of FIFA/COD) or is it the 2nd biggest PS4 exclusive of the year (ie. below Days Gone)?
Those are 2 very different things...

It's the second biggest PS4 exclusive:

"It's the second biggest PS4 exclusive and the second biggest new IP released this year, behind another PS4 exclusive -- Days Gone, which was released in April. Compared to that, Hideo Kojima's new title sold 36% fewer units at launch."

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-11-10-uk-charts-death-stranding-is-the-second-biggest-ps4-launch-of-2019

Edit:

Just realised it also says exclusive in the OP.

I edited the headline, now maybe it's more understandable :)

Lower than Days Gone and LM3

I always find it weird to call games 1st or 2nd during the year when those sites ignore the 50% digital attach rate

Around the Network

UK likes walking simulators confirmed.

with digital, maybe stronger than "Days Gone" (sales figures) ? But we have only the disc-charts :)

The Quality is 100 % better than days gone.