By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have a question about fight sticks in general?

dx11332sega said:
SpokenTruth said:

That's probably going to depend upon what signal the other end (PC, console, etc...) is expecting and the type of input gate itself.

This one says I can customize but , I never can mod a stick? link here  https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-F300-Arcade-Joystick-Switch/dp/B019MFPLC0/ref=sxin_1_ac_d_rm?ac_md=0-0-bWF5Zmxhc2g%3D-ac_d_rm&keywords=mayflash&pd_rd_i=B019MFPLC0&pd_rd_r=7ef678cd-8a32-43cc-afd0-0e1de179370d&pd_rd_w=M7scA&pd_rd_wg=Xdg2M&pf_rd_p=2938a786-9bec-4d37-8c06-456e3edce5d1&pf_rd_r=WBHNYGRRE8W15RY151RV&psc=1&qid=1571982472

I have a very similar Mayflash stick for Switch.  I haven't tried modding it yet, but what I was planning on doing was just buying a new joystick for it.  I would recommend you buy a joystick piece that already has the gate you want.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I have a very similar Mayflash stick for Switch.  I haven't tried modding it yet, but what I was planning on doing was just buying a new joystick for it.  I would recommend you buy a joystick piece that already has the gate you want.

I know one on amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/Sanwa-Denshi-JLF-TP-8YTFAST-SHIPPING-Adjustable/dp/B01CRQMWEQ/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=joystick+parts&qid=1572025875&s=electronics&sr=1-9

This would be one example.  I can't tell what kind of gate it has though.  You could also check Ebay to see if the description tells what kind of gate it has.

Depends on your stick and if the gate can be swapped. I mod every one of my fightsticks as well as build them for retro arcade machines.
BTW.. square gates are the best.. maybe you should learn how to properly use a fightstick versus modding the gate? No knock.. just saying from experience.  Also quality of components make a big difference.. sanwa all day.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..