By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue: Disc or PSN?

Which version did you get and why? Disc for me, just like having a box I guess...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

If I ever buy this, I'll get the disk. I like having a huge stack of games. You guys should see my PS3 collection. It makes me proud.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

^ Show it, I want to see.

DMeisterJ said:
^ Show it, I want to see.

I can't, my sister lost the camera. Only pic I have is one from last year, but obviously my collection has grown since then.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

^ Nice.

I love having stacks of games as well. Too bad I used to trade most of them in, so the stack isn't that big.

I don't think that downloadable media will ever get as big as physical, just due to people liking to own physical copies of things.

Around the Network

I prefer to have the disk too, there is something about having the box that makes me proud :D

Probably just to show them off i suppose, being male and all we are all like that lol

DMeisterJ said:
^ Nice.

I love having stacks of games as well. Too bad I used to trade most of them in, so the stack isn't that big.

I don't think that downloadable media will ever get as big as physical, just due to people liking to own physical copies of things.

Oh I think it will for the hardcore, especially next generation: bigger drives and faster downloads. But boxed copies will be here for a long time for the mainstream (walk in and buy) and box lovers (people in this thread).

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

DMeisterJ said:
^ Nice.

I know what you mean. I trade stuff in, too. I would have had a decent 360 collection if not for trade-ins.

I'm actually thinkning about trading in Mario Galaxy and Metriod for the Wii this time around.

I would trade in some games too if the prices that you get for them was actually reasonable! Gamestation here is the best but still only get about £20 per game (at the very most if you decide to trade early after release)

Disc. The PS3 hard drive simply isn't enough to weather a ten year life cycle. Not with all the game installs and what not. I also like disc because I can take it to a friend's house.

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies