By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Real Life picture of SONY PS5 Devkit A.K.A " PROSPERO "

How does it look

LOL 4 6.78%

WTF that so ugly 16 27.12%

It's just a devkit 20 33.90%

I want PS5 retail version to be like that 16 27.12%

Sony just designing a V -12 engine 3 5.08%

Total:59
Ka-pi96 said:
That looks ugly as fuck!

Some fucks are beautiful, not this one though.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

That PS2 dev kit looks awesome...

the-pi-guy said:

This thread is terribly lacking of devkit pictures for comparison.

PS3:

PS4/PS4 Pro:

Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, dreamcast:

Going off of history, PS2 seems to be the only one that didn't just look like a generic box and the final design looks very much like it. I think the same thing will happen here. A slight design difference, and a bit smaller than the devkit.

the-pi-guy said:

PS3:

PS4/PS4 Pro:

Although you only had one devkit for MS, Sega and Nintendo I have to say Sony looked prettier (I would buy the PS2 kkkk). The other 3 looks like ugly desktops.

PS3 do look like a very ugly and old VCR copying device.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

SpokenTruth said:

But if we're using the theoretical relevant unit of 'fuck ton', I'd say there were more PS2 'fuck tons' in a PS3 than there will be PS4 'fuck tons' in a PS5. 

Yes, I'm using FLOPS and I've stated several times it's an imprecise single factor but it does hold some validity.  You'd never say a 1 MFLOP device would outperform a 1 TFLOP device, would you?  But I also said look at the rest of the specs.  Look at the actual performance separation from PS2 to PS3.  Now look at the performance separation from PS4 to likely PS5 specs.  Not the same leap.  Not possible.  I'm not saying it's a small leap....just not the biggest ever.  Hyperbole doesn't belong in a technical discussion.

A 1MFLOP device could potentially outperform a 1TFLOP device. - The 1MFLOP device could have 10x the INT performance.

DonFerrari said:
the-pi-guy said:

Although you only had one devkit for MS, Sega and Nintendo I have to say Sony looked prettier (I would buy the PS2 kkkk). The other 3 looks like ugly desktops.

PS3 do look like a very ugly and old VCR copying device.

I like the OG Xbox devkit, nice clean, metal PC case.
The controller needs to burn in a fire though.

The PS2 Devkit definitely looks like it's had the most effort put into it's design though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Please explain how first it isn't legit, then it is pretty obvious. Thread is about devkit, picture is about devkit. What are you talking about?

I think you are confused with what i wrote. Some believe this is the look of the actual console, and i agree that its not due to its massive size.

Pemalite said:

A 1MFLOP device could potentially outperform a 1TFLOP device. - The 1MFLOP device could have 10x the INT performance

In which universe?

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Please explain how first it isn't legit, then it is pretty obvious. Thread is about devkit, picture is about devkit. What are you talking about?

I think you are confused with what i wrote. Some believe this is the look of the actual console, and i agree that its not due to its massive size.

Only someone that doesn't know how to read thread title.

Care to point who said with certainty in this thread this is the consumer hw that will be sold?

DonFerrari said:

Only someone that doesn't know how to read thread title.

Care to point who said with certainty in this thread this is the consumer hw that will be sold?

I am agreeing with the thread that it is a Dev kit. The moment the OG photo released (Black and White) many questioned if the actual PS5 would look like that. Go on social media, the world doesnt revolve around 1 thread on 1 website.

Is it really that hard to understand?

SpokenTruth said:
Pemalite said:

A 1MFLOP device could potentially outperform a 1TFLOP device. - The 1MFLOP device could have 10x the INT performance.

But is that a likely situation to ever happen?  

Sure. For specialized tasks and markets like industrial where they need Integer and not floating point capability.

There have been CPU core designs which gave higher preference to integer capability over floating point, which gave them big advantages in scientific or other specialized workloads that rely on integer capability.
AMD's Bulldozer CPU core was such a design where it had two integer units to every floating point unit... It meant that in Integer based tasks it was very competitive with Xeon, but in floating point tasks it was a laughing stock.

And before the 486SX, CPU's didn't do floating point at all, they relied on a separate chip for that, provided they even came with one.

Cyrix M1 had Integer capability that would beat the pants off Intel's Pentium at the time, but fell short in floating point capability to the level of a 486 with a decent co processor, which was fine back then as most tasks relied heavily on Integers anyway.

CPU designs without any floating point capability will often fall back to fixed point arithmetic operations that run on the integer unit anyway, so compatibility is retained even if the performance takes a nose dive.

Intel has some controllers which don't have a floating point unit, like their Quark line.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/86826/intel-quark-microcontroller-d1000.html

The Vortex86 is another such chip that preferences integer over floating point.

In the GPU space, GPU's tended to use Integer over Floating Point for a very long time until FP32 got cheap enough to implement, in some specialized markets Integer pipelines on GPU's are still used as size and power consumption is more important.

So again, Floating Point is just as useless as using bits in determining a systems capabilities, you neglect everything else that goes into a chip by using just floating point numbers.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--