By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Early Announcements - Most Anticipated New Feature

PS5 Early Announcements - Most Anticipated New Feature?

4K Blu-Ray player 80 9.77%

Adaptive triggers on controller 29 3.54%

Haptic feedback on controller 34 4.15%

Hardware ray-tracing 95 11.60%

Improved controller battery 31 3.79%

New SSD for improved load... 386 47.13%

Partial game downloads & installs 38 4.64%

Revamped user interface 23 2.81%

USB Type-C 21 2.56%

Other 82 10.01%

Total:819
Pemalite said:
ManUtdFan said:

Nice extras would be options to change effects in game. So if you fancy more texture detail at the expense of say, ray tracing you can turn on and off different options. There should also be option to switch off 'shimmering' anti-aliasing.

No point. The Ray Tracing hardware will be dedicated cores separate from the texturing hardware.

The "Shimmering" is a by-product of developers choosing an inferior, albeit cheaper implementation of Anti-Aliasing, only so much you can do with fixed hardware and developers often make cutbacks to the AA and Resolution in order to bolster visuals elsewhere.

You recon its actually not a copy of what amd does with non rtx cards

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Pemalite said:

No point. The Ray Tracing hardware will be dedicated cores separate from the texturing hardware.

The "Shimmering" is a by-product of developers choosing an inferior, albeit cheaper implementation of Anti-Aliasing, only so much you can do with fixed hardware and developers often make cutbacks to the AA and Resolution in order to bolster visuals elsewhere.

You recon its actually not a copy of what amd does with non rtx cards

Huh?
It's been confirmed that the Ray Tracing is hardware accelerated by both Microsoft and Sony.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Barkley said:
vivster said:
They should just tell us now how tiny the SSD cache will be, so people can complain about the size and they can increase it before releasing it.

According to the Wired article "it will ditch the spinning hard drive". So it might not be a cache after all.

Wired is talking shit because it sounds better. I have yet to see an official statement. A 500GB SSD is completely unrealistic even for a $500 console.

What I can see them doing is release a console with a 120GB SSD and either release another version with a 2TB HDD or try to load of the responsibility for more storage to the consumer.

They are already advertising the ability of only partially installing games. If that doesn't scream tiny storage I don't know what does.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

twintail said:

1. Trophy progression, since the bars/ stats etc would be cool and seeing your progress towards individual trophies could be helpful.
2. Controller profiles. Currently when you do custom button configuration it is only for 1 profile. it would be nice to at last have a 2nd (so standard, custom 1 and custom 2).

Per game? I'd love per game. I'm still in the mindset of L1 to aim R1 to shoot as they are more comfortable for me and feel better as triggers (don't want a squishy trigger. :P) but some FPS don't have the option to switch to L1/R1 from L2/R2, CoD does, Overwatch allows you to change controls per character, other games don't, there are limit options. So being able to essentially customise my button layout per game would solve so many issues. Also allow you to turn off certain buttons if you have a habit of accidentally clicking them (like my brother does with R3).

Hmm, pie.

vivster said:
Barkley said:

According to the Wired article "it will ditch the spinning hard drive". So it might not be a cache after all.

Wired is talking shit because it sounds better. I have yet to see an official statement. A 500GB SSD is completely unrealistic even for a $500 console.

What I can see them doing is release a console with a 120GB SSD and either release another version with a 2TB HDD or try to load of the responsibility for more storage to the consumer.

They are already advertising the ability of only partially installing games. If that doesn't scream tiny storage I don't know what does.

Digital foundry in their article say they think a 1tb ssd is likely, it does sound expensive but we'll see what happens.

Around the Network

Other; New games.

vivster said:
Barkley said:

Dude you're getting good, I can't tell if this is a troll post or not. L2MATH

Here is a very high quality Nvme drive for $100:

https://www.newegg.com/xpg-sx6000-lite-1tb/p/N82E16820246012?Item=N82E16820246012

This one $104:

https://www.newegg.com/mushkin-enhanced-source-1tb/p/N82E16820226888?Item=N82E16820226888

They both 1TB nvme drives, RETAIL PRICE and TLC not even cheap QLC drives, your suggested 2TB mechanical laptop drive cost $85:

https://www.newegg.com/seagate-barracuda-2tb-st2000lm015/p/N82E16822179107?Item=N82E16822179107

You making 0 sense and this is the feature Mark Cerny was talking about which xbox already has.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Trumpstyle said:
vivster said:

Dude you're getting good, I can't tell if this is a troll post or not. L2MATH

Here is a very high quality Nvme drive for $100:

https://www.newegg.com/xpg-sx6000-lite-1tb/p/N82E16820246012?Item=N82E16820246012

This one $104:

https://www.newegg.com/mushkin-enhanced-source-1tb/p/N82E16820226888?Item=N82E16820226888

They both 1TB nvme drives, RETAIL PRICE and TLC not even cheap QLC drives, your suggested 2TB mechanical laptop drive cost $85:

https://www.newegg.com/seagate-barracuda-2tb-st2000lm015/p/N82E16822179107?Item=N82E16822179107

You making 0 sense and this is the feature Mark Cerny was talking about which xbox already has.

PS4 also had this type of option, some games in the start of the gen you selected where did you want to start installing and also to start playing while installing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

PS4 also had this type of option, some games in the start of the gen you selected where did you want to start installing and also to start playing while installing.

You choose which part of the game you want to install first (Singleplayer/Multiplayer) but you don't have the option to ONLY install one afaik. You can't have multiplayer installed without having singleplayer installed.

Loading times is the biggest issue this gen as well as the endless copying the entire game after a patch (takes 35 to 40 minutes for GT Sport, nearly 100GB) So an SSD (and the bus to make full use of it) is most welcome. Less pop up, faster loading, faster updating, faster video editing. Especially in VR you don't want to look at loading screens.

Hopefully the deluxe model will have a 1tb SSD, worth the extra money. 2tb would be better, 500GB, can't live with that anymore when one game uses 100GB already.