Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Interactive has no personality anymore

I couldn't care less tbh. In the end it's about the studios making games, not some overpaid exec who looks good on camera.

Around the Network
twintail said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

Just look at Sony's contemporaries. Xbox has Phill Spencer, Nintendo has Shinya Takahashi and Yoshiaki Koizumi.

Ok and?

Neither of these ppl make me any more interested or invested in the xbox and Nintend brands. 

Same here. I could care less about a dude on a company...

Let's not forget that their role is essentially to take as much money as they can from everyone of us. Could care less about their "faces" (it's mostly PR anyway)

Of all the video gaming related things I care about, this probably ranks around rock bottom.

If a company PR person or a game developer is quirky or has a likable personality (like Yoko Taro or Ikumi Nakamura) then that's just a bonus.
What's important is how good they are at their job.

Hiku said:

Of all the video gaming related things I care about, this probably ranks around rock bottom.

If a company PR person or a game developer is quirky or has a likable personality (like Yoko Taro or Ikumi Nakamura) then that's just a bonus.
What's important is how good they are at their job.

I agree, results are what matter in the end. It's just that sometimes, that bonus can help.

Around the Network

I don't need PR "personalities", I just need them to continue to produce stellar games.

Sony should just let guys like Corey, Neil, Kojima, etc. dominate their stage. These are the guys fans should care about more than anyone else.

This also something unique to Sony in that they have a bunch of Extremely respected and popular Creative Directors under their umbrella. These guys would make any stage lit.