By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Now adds God of War, GTA V, Uncharted 4 - Moves to $10/month, $60/Year

Barkley said:
Random_Matt said:
Actually better off buying a PS4 if you are that desperate, streaming is complete dog shit, period.

PSNow isn't just streaming. Every PS4 game on there can be downloaded.

Streaming isn't dog shit for everyone.

Nope, it really is. I have some of the fastest broadband around, you will always have latency and bandwidth issues. Pixel compression is also a downside and that alone is enough to turn me off.

Around the Network

This is a great move, I will use my 7 day trial and probably sub for a month soon.

Random_Matt said:
Barkley said:

PSNow isn't just streaming. Every PS4 game on there can be downloaded.

Streaming isn't dog shit for everyone.

Nope, it really is. I have some of the fastest broadband around, you will always have latency and bandwidth issues. Pixel compression is also a downside and that alone is enough to turn me off.

The quality of the stream has everything to do with distance to the server. If you have 1Gbps internet, but live 600 Miles from the nearest datacenter you streaming will not be great. Conversely, if you have 50Mbps internet, but only live 20 miles from the datacenter, then your experience, will be almost identicle to native playback (less the video compression).

Streaming will be a great option for 100's of millions of people that live in cities around datacenters, with 100+Mbps Internet connections. 

The Great thing about PS Now though, is it is both a streaming and a download service. So if you don't live in an area with a quality stream, you can always download the games (PS2 and PS4 Only), and play them at full res, including PS4 Pro enhacements. Essentially, as far as gaming subscriptions go, PS Now offers the best of both worlds, you can stream for instant access if you live near a datacenter, or you can download the game, and play it as if it was a digital or physical copy. 

My take on this news. I already felt guilty for everything we had access to at $19.99, at $9.99 with an even better library of titles I almost feel like a thief. 

The only thing missing is the ability to play games over 4G or Wifi on iOS. I was really hoping that would come after the recent DualShock 4 update to iOS. Having access to all these games at home is great, but Mobile is where the games could really make a difference. Back when PS Now was on PS Vita, it took Mobile gaming to another level. Since Sony is not going after the PlayStation Phone goldmine, the least they could do is offer PS Now for the 100's of millions of iOS users out here.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

With the new price and the ability to download PS4 games, this is a quality service now. Competition wins again.

This is to compete with gamepass right?

LudicrousSpeed said:
With the new price and the ability to download PS4 games, this is a quality service now. Competition wins again.

Gamepass pushed them, to be more competitive I guess.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

This is to compete with gamepass right?

LudicrousSpeed said:

Gamepass pushed them, to be more competitive I guess.

And google stadia/xcloud/Ea Play/Uplay/etc.

It is just a matter of time before another big player like Epic jumps in and be like 'on our subscription service this game will be 6 months exclusive'.  game devs don't have to worry anymore about an install base but about how much $$$ they get.

method114 said:
Anyone who gets a chance to play God of War should do it. Such an amazing game.

true words!

For me.. Uncharted 4 is one of my favorite games of all time :) love the design, the jungle, gameplay and nathan drake very much.

new video for psnow

KazumaKiryu said:
method114 said:
Anyone who gets a chance to play God of War should do it. Such an amazing game.

true words!

For me.. Uncharted 4 is one of my favorite games of all time :) love the design, the jungle, gameplay and nathan drake very much.

Don't know why I didn't enjoy UC4 to much. I went through it just because it was Drake's last game and it was nice to get an ending on his story. Think I've just grown tired of the formula.

sad to hear *-* but every great series needs a end : D Nathan Drake was really cool.
And i like the cutscenes after the credits very much... we all are older..every year.. one year older.. but Nathan is happy :)

who has PSNow here ? i search a link with all PSNow Games.. is that possible ?