Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ori and the Blind Forest on Switch upgraded over Xbone/PC version

I assume it's out now. Gonna double dip! Triple if the upgrade to "Definitive Edition" counts...

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
mZuzek said:

It's not similar do Hollow Knight at all. They're in the same genre, but that's about it. Ori is a far shorter and more linear game, with indeed more focus on the platforming than the combat (like, way more). There's so little backtracking and revisiting older areas in Ori, and so little combat to do, that it feels more like a level-based platformer where the levels just so happen to connect to each other than a proper Metroidvania.

Good. So my guess is a 8-10 hours for the first time playing?

Yeah, it's along those lines.

Is there any chance of a physical release? I would much prefer it.

Tried the demo; it's not my cup of tea but I still hope it does well as it is clearly very well crafted.

Chrkeller said:

Hard to even guess at this point. Some digital-only Switch games have later seen physical release, but it can take a long time, and even for some rather big ones like FAST RMX and Hellblade it hasn't happened.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Tried the demo; it's not my cup of tea but I still hope it does well as it is clearly very well crafted.

Chrkeller said:

Hard to even guess at this point. Some digital-only Switch games have later seen physical release, but it can take a long time, and even for some rather big ones like FAST RMX and Hellblade it hasn't happened.

Can't make any promises but--I bought the original, played it for a little while and it didn't hook me. Then I tried the definitive edition (I think it was free) and stuck with it. After an hour or so, it clicked and I couldn't stop playing it.

Some games hook you from the opening scene. Others reel you in slowly. The "create your own checkpoint" thing took a little getting used to. It's right up there with Hollow Knight for me.

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures