By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition (Hype Thread)

Tagged games:

Mar1217 said:
ARamdomGamer said:

Without the controversy we are left with a bland title in most aspects that couldn't make happy a Persona, Shin Megami or Fire Emblem fan. So without that, it has nothing going for it.

It will perform better, but I don't think by much.

Huh ... I swear that's the sentence of someone who doesn't understand how the session battle system is far better and more entertaining than Persona has ever been.

I mean, the combat system of TMS I enjoyed for the time that I played it, but I need more than that. Because if I'm just playing an RPG for a combat system, then I can just go play something like Shin Megami Nocturne or Baten Kaitos Origins, that have incredible battle systems, but also have substance beyond that, story, characters, etc.

And TMS doesn't give me that, I find the characters and plot below even very basic anime tropes that land it on the same bad tier for me as something like Conception II. I'm not going to sit for what, 40, 50 hours for nothing of substance.

Around the Network

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/dragon-quest-xi-s-echoes-of-an-elusive-age---definitive-edition

Metacritic is now at 90 .

I wonder what the totals will be, sadly I don't think we will get numbers until much later on. Metacritic score is still solid.