By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much influence and control does Sega have on Atlus

Think of it as how Sony deal with its studios. They have total control because they own 100% of those companies/studios, but they trust the dev and allow them to do what they want (and the results are really very showing of this working).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I never liked exclusivity, so I want Atlus to put their games on all systems. Persona 5 on PC, Switch, and Xbox One would be great. Atlus has no benefit keeping it exclusive. What would they gain by making it multiplatform?

-More people have the option to play it on their preferred platform 
-Expanding the Persona fanbase beyond just Playstation
-More revenue

Atlus has nothing to gain keeping it exclusive. 

I'd like a Switch port too, simply for the ability to play it on the go. But damn, just get a PS4 already.

I didn't know this was still a thing. The Switch is getting a Persona game. Just not a mainline one. It's still getting SMTV. That's exclusive to Switch.

Last edited by Rafie - on 10 September 2019

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Darwinianevolution said:
Sega owns Atlus. If Sega told them to do something likke the P5 Switch port, they would have to do it. But Sega mostly leaves Atlus to do as they please, so whatever reason P5 is not multiplat is on them.

This is pretty much it. Sega COULD dictate they release it multiplat, but they are allowing Atlus to function mostly independently, because there's no reason to interfere with what is working.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
Rafie said:
I didn't know this was still a thing. The Switch is getting a Persona game. Just not a mainline one. It's still still SMTV. That's exclusive to Switch.

Shin Megami Tensei is more "mainline" than Persona, though the Persona games do seem to be bigger projects these days.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I believe porting is often outsourced to another company. I figure Sega could make that happen if they wanted to. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that is happening right now, but even porting takes time. It might be happening, but they wouldn't tell us til the release date is near.

Atlus probably decides on Persona's exclusivity (or potential multiplat) as much as they decide Shin Megami Tensei's exclusivity (or potential multiplat).

Though it does beg the question, what are the big Japanese studios doing at this time in regards to the Nintendo Switch?

thetonestarr said:
Rafie said:
I didn't know this was still a thing. The Switch is getting a Persona game. Just not a mainline one. It's still still SMTV. That's exclusive to Switch.

Shin Megami Tensei is more "mainline" than Persona, though the Persona games do seem to be bigger projects these days.

Right. I was meaning just the Persona franchise itself.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron