By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 34, 2019 (August 19th - August 25th) - Oninaki

Oh no, generic niche RPG sold more on PS4 than Switch. Switch third parties doomed????? /s

Around the Network

Fire Emblem falling fast on the charts. I wonder if it will get a big spike when the Switch Lite comes out, considering the franchise was only on 3DS last generation?

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Fire Emblem falling fast on the charts. I wonder if it will get a big spike when the Switch Lite comes out, considering the franchise was only on 3DS last generation?

Probably. I think FE could have sold another 50k consoles had the Lite not been announced. Thus it follows that while some of those people might have caved and bought it and a Switch, there will still probably be a decent bump. 

Also for an RPG I'm not really sure this would qualify as falling fast. In relation to non RPGs maybe, but even then most non Switch  games fall faster

RolStoppable said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

This is the week after Obon, so everything dropped. Fire Emblem's drop is in line with the rest of the top 10.

The launch of Switch Lite should easily be above 100k for the Lite alone in that week, so Switch software should naturally see increases across the board. Depends on what you consider a big spike, but Fire Emblem should see at least some boost; most of the benefits will go to the usual evergreens.

When I say "falling" and "spiking" I am referring to chart position.  The raw numbers put this FE at 221k so far.  Fates sold about 100k more during it's first week alone in Japan.  At first glance it seems like Fire Emblem has lost some of its base in Japan.  I am wondering if they are actually just waiting for the Lite edition in order to get Fire Emblem.

Next week will be pretty interesting. I hope.

Around the Network

Next week should be good. Predicting 55k

MasonADC said:

Yeah, Astral Chain is a real system seller! An IP that big can definitely off-set the Lite hype. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
MasonADC said:

Yeah, Astral Chain is a real system seller! An IP that big can definitely off-set the Lite hype. 

I meant more so that the new model is coming next week. I’m not sure if the boost will be in the first or second week though 

MasonADC said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I meant more so that the new model is coming next week. I’m not sure if the boost will be in the first or second week though 

Yeah I was joking cause i'd rather be in denial than face the facts

Also I don't think the New Switch model will revitalize sales too much, maybe by 10k or 15k at most. 

The_Liquid_Laser said:
RolStoppable said:

This is the week after Obon, so everything dropped. Fire Emblem's drop is in line with the rest of the top 10.

The launch of Switch Lite should easily be above 100k for the Lite alone in that week, so Switch software should naturally see increases across the board. Depends on what you consider a big spike, but Fire Emblem should see at least some boost; most of the benefits will go to the usual evergreens.

When I say "falling" and "spiking" I am referring to chart position.  The raw numbers put this FE at 221k so far.  Fates sold about 100k more during it's first week alone in Japan.  At first glance it seems like Fire Emblem has lost some of its base in Japan.  I am wondering if they are actually just waiting for the Lite edition in order to get Fire Emblem.

People are saying that the game alone is expensive but when you buy it using the vouchers it becomes cheaper. 

But sale decline will be seen on handheld franchises. Like Pokemon and Animal Crossing. I dont expect Pokemon Sword and Shield and Animal Crossing new horizon to beat the 3DS games. This is just because of the amount of Switch sold in Japan. So unless the Switch lite is able to boost Switch sales closer to the 3DS Sales (including future price drops) then I dont see those games beating its games on the 3DS. 

Pocky Lover Boy!