By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you mean there is 12 digits!! Metal Gear Screw Job

So I get home from work and I here we can now download the client for the MGO Beta. I follow the instructions and go to enter the code and I get an invalid error. I try it again in lower case and still nothing. I figured maybe it not officially open yet and I go to check again online. Then I stumble across this.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/867/867237p1.html?RSSwhen2008-04-16_180300&RSSid=867237

So I have to wait to see if Konami even responds to my email. I want into the MGO Beta but I am not going run out and buy another disk just to do it. (even though best buy had a ton of them on the shelf.)

How many others have run into the 9 or 11 digit Metal Gear mishap?

I'm just saying...

Around the Network

Me, I already contacted Konami for another code. Hopefully they get back to me tomorrow. Yeah this is horse shit, but it is free, so I guess we can't complain too much.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I went out and bought another disc (i can cancel the preorder easily enough and I needed to go to Gamestop anyways). It was 9-digits too...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

That sucks. :(

I have mine already downloaded and I'm just waiting for this 1.01 patch to download. I'm getting at max 25 kb/s on the P2P download, and I get a network error when I try to download it normally. It won't let me do a thing without the patch. :|

makingmusic476 said:

I have mine already downloaded and I'm just waiting for this 1.01 patch to download. I'm getting at max 25 kb/s on the P2P download, and I get a network error when I try to download it normally. It won't let me do a thing without the patch. :|

Wow, I was getting ~150, still took ages though.  Have you been able to access that Konami ID site?  It has always said "system is very busy now" or it just doesn't load.

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
makingmusic476 said:

Wow, I was getting ~150, still took ages though. Have you been able to access that Konami ID site? It has always said "system is very busy now" or it just doesn't load.

Hehe. I made my acccount Monday night when the PlayStation Blog first went up. :P

Bah, that Konami site is impossible to access now.

You do realize that this is the Beta phase.

Paid by the alliance
to slay all the giants.

Yeah, I am glad I went early to get a Konami ID. Let's just hope I get a Beta code...

Betas always have issues.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!