By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2019: The Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LIV

Who do you believe will have a stronger defense in 2020?

Patriots 2 66.67%

Steelers 1 33.33%

Total:3

Good Lord we are actually going to blow this.

Defense played like absolute trash, but more than anything else, I cannot fathom what on Earth Belichick was thinking when playcalling today. Why on Earth would you instruct your DBs to give so much room to the Dolphins' receivers? We've literally based our entire defensive identity on press coverage the whole season. And we just...start playing them five yards off at all times now? And this is to say nothing of the last drive in the first half with 1:40 left where we just...ran the clock out instead of trying to score. What a fucking awful coaching job.

What an absolute shitshow and a way to blow a first round bye. Even if the offense can make something of this last hail mary drive, I'm going to be incredibly worried about our defense. It's gone from being in the conversation for all time great to maybe not even a Top 5 defense in the latter half of the season.

Around the Network

Jesus Christ... I almost had a damn heart attack on that last set.

1 inch stood between the 49ers having 1st seed or having to play on the road next week. That's a crazy way for the 100th season to end.

RolStoppable said:

The 49ers held on to their lead, so the 11-5 Seahawks will have to travel to the 9-7 Eagles next week. Remember when it was doubted that the Eagles could win their last four games despite those four games being against the crappy NFC East?

If I remember my picks for week 17 correctly, I finished with a record of 11-5. I doubt that was good enough to lift me into first place in the prediction league, but it should be enough to remain at least in the top 3. The games I got wrong were:

MIA@NE - The Patriots had something important to play for, so there was no way that I would pick against them against the lowly Dolphins.

CHI@Vikings - This was the game where I didn't consider that the Vikings may rest their starters. I was thinking that they would use this as a "get right" game before the playoffs, plus the Bears have a broken offense. In any case, I regret this one.

CLE@CIN - The Browns had to play for honor. Turns out they have none, plus the Bengals had already secured the #1 draft pick, so they had nothing to lose by winning.

NYJ@BUF - Yeah, yeah... the Bills were locked into their seed, but this too was one of those picks where I considered the visiting team to be too crappy to win.

IND@JAX - Both teams didn't play well in the second half of the season, but the Jaguars had been so rubbish. I had no faith in them whatsoever.

EDIT: Stupid auto-tagging of usernames on VGC that doesn't appear until after posting. Hopefully nobody on this site calls themself 'Vikings'.

You won. I think I went 7-9.

RolStoppable said:
If all improbable scenarios play out together, then the Packers get home field advantage in the NFC.

1. Packers win their two remaining games, including tonight in Minneapolis.
2. Seahawks sweep the 49ers to close out the regular season.
3. What the Saints do won't matter if the above happens. Green Bay has a better conference record than New Orleans.

If all probable scenarios play out together, then the Packers will be the third seed in the NFC. The last several weeks didn't instill confidence that the Packers can win against the Vikings tonight.

I hope the 49ers get the packers in either playoff game. Preferably the championship game. The niners will smash them again.

Around the Network

The road to the superbowl for the nfc runs through san Francisco. That was a hell of a game in Seattle. Go 49ers.

The Vikings are gonna go to New Orleans, at the Superdome, and beat the Saints?

I don’t think so.

RolStoppable said:
SwitchUP said:

If the pack play the niners again, they will get crushed again. I love that matchup. 

The Packers will take care of the Eagles, the 49ers will fall to the Vikings. Packers host Vikings for the NFC title game and beat the purple ones for the third time this season.

Lol, in your dreams they will. 

Even a Patriots loss would mean the detestable Ravens at the Super Bowl instead. If that happened I wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers again, for a rematch of Super Bowl 47. Completely different teams though, so would still be interesting.

Hate the cheating Pats. So hope the Titans win. Dislike Texans. Hope the Bills win.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!