Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2019: The Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LIV

Who do you believe will have a stronger defense in 2020?

Patriots 2 66.67%

Steelers 1 33.33%

Total:3

Another meh game by the Packers. A 3-0 record, each time the better team, but only ever so slightly. The offense has trouble to find rhythm which makes it all the more amazing that the defense wins games for Green Bay now. Six sacks and three takeaways today, the two short fields were converted into two touchdowns by the offense in the 27-16 win where Crosby missed a late field goal.

If the Packers can get their offense going, they will be a team to fear. But right now they are just chugging along and winning their games. This was the first win by more than one score, but the Broncos were actually the most competent opponent so far. The offenses of the Bears and Vikings played even worse than the one of the Packers, but the Broncos showed that they can move the ball for the better part of the game; the turnovers did them in, because they happened during the portion where the momentum would have been on their side otherwise.

Really strange that the Packers offense is much more concerning than the defense. There has yet to be a visible change in the offense in comparison to last season. Rodgers is terribly off on some easy throws, but he doesn't give the ball away. Same as last year.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

Yeah, the Packers don't impress me. Currently I would have to put the Chiefs number 1 in the power rankings. They look legit.

Snoopy said:
MTZehvor said:

Not quite sure what point you're trying to make. Sucks that he didn't work out, obviously, but we didn't lose anything in bringing him in so it's a wash. We didn't really spend any resources bringing him in (zero cap hit, won't get anything besides his one game check), so it's not like it hurt the team somehow.

It didn't hurt the team? It caused drama and wasted your time and money regardless of how little it was.

Oh man, our billionaire owner now has $100K less. Such a tragedy.

Seriously, dude, this is like the equivalent of trying to call someone out as financially wasteful because they bet a nickel on a dark horse winning the Super Bowl. The amount of resources invested in him was next to nothing. There's no cap hit to the team, so we're not losing players spots or money that could be spent on free agents. The Jets didn't score a point until garbage time, so it's not like any essential preparation time was lost either. The amount of time and money that we spent on Brown would be the equivalent of any other free agent we could bring in who didn't work out: Why are you making such a big deal over this one? 

MTZehvor said:
Snoopy said:

It didn't hurt the team? It caused drama and wasted your time and money regardless of how little it was.

Seriously, dude, this is like the equivalent of trying to call someone out as financially wasteful because they bet a nickel on a dark horse winning the Super Bowl. The amount of resources invested in him was next to nothing. There's no cap hit to the team, so we're not losing players spots or money that could be spent on free agents. The Jets didn't score a point until garbage time, so it's not like any essential preparation time was lost either. The amount of time and money that we spent on Brown would be the equivalent of any other free agent we could bring in who didn't work out: Why are you making such a big deal over this one? 

Because you will soon see your team fall apart. MARK MY WORDS.

No idea what I predicted for the tossup games, which is unfortunate. I think I missed 4 games by 3 points though.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:

Mia (+22) vs Dal - Take Dallas
NYJ (+21) vs NE - Take New England
AZ (-2) vs Car - Take the cardinals
Houston (+3) vs LAC - Take Houston
Saints (+4.5) vs Seattle - Take Seattle
Rams(-3.5) vs Browns - Take Rams

There you guys go. If you want to become a millionaire bet on the teams above.

3-3 with my NFL bets. I would've never thought the Panthers would beat the cardinals like that. The New England Patriots could've covered that spread if it weren't for garbage time football. 

Snoopy said:
MTZehvor said:

I've been hearing that about the Pats for over a decade.  I mean eventually the Pats will fall from grace, every team does, but that doesn't change the fact that the Pats are the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen.  Just dominance for 15+ years.  

Chrkeller said:
Snoopy said:

I've been hearing that about the Pats for over a decade.  I mean eventually the Pats will fall from grace, every team does, but that doesn't change the fact that the Pats are the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen.  Just dominance for 15+ years.  

He's trolling at this point, don't feed him.

Standings going up now, it's been a loooonnnggg day so picks won't be up until tomorrow.

Week 3 Standings

Overall Standings

As always, please check my work and make sure there are no mistakes.

Why does Green Bay have another Thursday game? Perhaps I am misremembering and the season opening game does in fact not count towards the TNF total that has each team play on Thursday once. Yeah... I guess there's a late season Thursday game on Saturday or something.

In any case, Thursday games suck. Sunday on 1pm Eastern is the best time slot by far.

Fingers crossed that the Eagles keep losing. I hate them. I really hate them. I can't stand the color green for jerseys.

EDIT: Forgot to say that the NFC North is the best division in football. The teams have yet to lose outside their division and their combined records are only tarnished by the Lions' tie in Arizona.

Also worth mentioning, the AFC East features the two worst teams in football right now. Tom Brady can play well into his 50s, I'd say.

Last edited by RolStoppable - on 25 September 2019

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club