By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - In 3 gens, why has Microsoft still not created reliable hardware?

How many XBox brand consoles have you had problems with?

Original XBox 1 3.03%

XBox 360 14 42.42%

XBox One 2 6.06%

Two out of the three 2 6.06%

All three 3 9.09%

Owned 1 gen, no issues 0 0%

Owned 2 gens, no issues 3 9.09%

Owned all three gens, no issues 3 9.09%

See results 5 15.15%

Total:33

The only Microsoft console that has broke on me is the 360, the original and the one are still working just fine. I have actually had more Nintendo and Sony consoles break on me.

That doesn’t really mean anything though, it is all anecdotal.

Around the Network

The only hardware that had real issues was the 360. It was abysmal. Closest I can think of in shoddy design is the DualShock 4.

Most durable console I ever owned was the Genesis. I spent a few weeks camping one summer so I brought the Genesis for NBA Jam and our campsite flooded, the Genesis was completely submerged, yet when it dried out, it worked flawlessly.

My Original Crystal Xbox is still going strong at 15~ years.

My Launch Xbox 360 Pro died. - Microsoft replaced it 5 times in that devices lifetime free of charge, eventually sold it.

Halo 4 Edition Xbox 360 S is still going strong at 7~ years.

Launch Xbox One with Kinect is still going strong at 6~ years.

Xbox One X is still perfect after a couple years.

All anecdotal, all equally as relevant as the Op in determining entire brand reliability. (Which is why anecdotes are useless.)

Still got my Atari 2600, Commodore 64, NES, SNES, Wii, WiiU, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Megadrive... The Playstation 3 has been replaced a few times.

Fact of the matter is... All things man made are prone to fail, it's a matter of when not if.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--