By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So what's your beef with Contra Rogue Corps? (If any)

CaptainExplosion said:
KManX89 said:

Konami, destroying every beloved franchise one game and/or pachinko machine at a time.

Yes. First Metal Gear Survive, then canning Silent Hills, now this. What's next, Castlevania coming back as a dating sim?

Konami must be a self-hating company by now.

Don't forget Super Bomberman R:

They ran Silent Hill and Castlevania into the ground years prior with shitty sequels and spin-offs BTW. Then with Silent Hills' cancellation, they ensured it stayed dead.

Around the Network

^ Tell me you are not going to keep doing this? Go talk about Konami elsewhere. I just asked about Contra.

Xxain said:
Oh! before people start whining about the perspective change; Neo Contra already did it first so contrary to what you may have read it's not new. If Rogue Corps had to absolutely be 3D, I think a twinstick shooter is the smartest idea.

Contra has historically been a scrolling platform run and gunner.  It can be argued that to make it something else makes it no longer Contra.  It is likely that if it does well, then the old form will never come back.  I am personally in favor of any offshoots of older franchises to expand an IP, IF it also means the old form doesn't disappear completely.