By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza Remastered Collection Confirmed, Yakuza 3 Is Out Today on PS4

Oh snap! I'll be waiting until Feb to get the physical collection. Same as you Hiku, I only have Yakuza 5 through PS+. Wasn't is a rush to buy it digitally in the hope it would get a physical release, then it came out as a plus game.

I know it's gone for good reason, but I'll miss Michiru and her wacky sexual assaults.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

@Hiku Haaaa. Yes, exactly. I wish they could have somehow kept Michiru in, and altered some of the more...,.sketchy dialogue. I like to think the more eyebrow raising aspects of those encounters didn't come from a place of malice, but obviously, I cannot say that with any certainty.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

So now we got:

Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami (1)
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 6 - The song of life

we re just missing 4 + 5, set to release October 29th 2019 + Feb 11th 2020.
Kinda neat you can play 0 -> 6 on 1 system.

Hiku said:
COKTOE said:
@Hiku Haaaa. Yes, exactly. I wish they could have somehow kept Michiru in, and altered some of the more...,.sketchy dialogue. I like to think the more eyebrow raising aspects of those encounters didn't come from a place of malice, but obviously, I cannot say that with any certainty.

Yeah. It's an understandable change, though maybe altering some dialogue would have worked.
On the other hand I read this will be the uncensored version of Yakuza 3, so it'll have the hostess clubs and dating stuff that wasn't in the PS3 version I played.

This is true! The hostess clubs that were removed in Yakuza 3's original NA release are back in for the remasters. It's cool and all, just for the sake of having the complete game, but I'll be honest and say that when they made their return in....Yakuza 4?.....I found it pretty uninteresting. At least the management part. I had some fun in actually "dating" the hostesses though.    

Nice love these games. Never been interested in the side quest stuff that fans of series seem to love but the main story has always been great. I just beat Yakuza Kiwami a couple of month ago. I'll get Yakuza 2 later on I don't like to keep playing the same type of game for to long cause I get burnt out. Currently on a JRPG kick with Tales of Vesperia DE.

Around the Network
John2290 said:

Too much Yakuza in too short a time period. It was already nauseating but after Judement and all, I couldn't play another Yakuza game if I was paid to and I've only played 0 and the PSN freebie. Can't imagine playing 0, Kiwami, Song of life, Kiwami 2, Judement and now Yakuza 3 and then 4 and 5 within such a short period of time. They are way to specific to be pumped out like this, give some breathibg room for fuck sake.

You do realize you don't have to play them all at once right? I got the uncharted collection and slowly played through the series. I would beat 1 game and then play 2 other games and then come back for the 2nd. This is what I've been doing with Yakuza and the trails of cold steel series as well. I play a Yakuza game, Trails of Cold steel game and then pick up two other games I missed like I recently beat Nier and Uncharted 4. I'm on Tales of Vesperia right now and I'll probably go back to Trails of cold steel next. After that Metro Last Light (beat Metro before Uncharted 4). There's so many games man no one is forcing you to play them all at once or one right after the other.

Hiku said:
COKTOE said:

This is true! The hostess clubs that were removed in Yakuza 3's original NA release are back in for the remasters. It's cool and all, just for the sake of having the complete game, but I'll be honest and say that when they made their return in....Yakuza 4?.....I found it pretty uninteresting. At least the management part. I had some fun in actually "dating" the hostesses though.    

I remember finding it weird how you could buy items in Yakuza 3 that you can give to people as gifts, but no one to give them to. Then later on I read about the hostesses that were in the Japanese version. There were also other girls you could interact with in the game outside of the hostess club that were removed as well, such as the massage parlor.

Fun fact. When I was in Japan I met one of the girls who were in Yakuza 3. She knew a friend of mine, and hung out for several hours.
Super cool to talk to as she was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about older games. The fact that she was in Yakuza 3 didn't come up in any conversation. But I knew she was a celebrity in Japan, and some weeks later saw her name mentioned in relation to a Yakuza article. But I could not remember seeing her in any Yakuza game I've played.

When I saw the Yakuza 3 logo I realized that they had removed all girls from Yakuza 3's western release, which I had forgotten.
So it'll be cool to have her character in the game now. Even though I already know the plot twist of her story, since it's based on her real life story. 

By the way, Michiru may be back again.
The person working on the localization of the game tweeted this:

"All cut content restored."
He said the volume of that content is about 25% of the game in terms of characters/letters.

M'kay. I'm a bit jealous. :) That's pretty cool you got to meet her. Weren't some of the girls in Yakuza, 2, 3 and 4 and maybe 5...um...JAV stars? I'm working off memory here.

Just looked it up, and yes, there were some JAV girls in the games, even in Yakuza 6.

As far as Michiru, the tweet said cut content restored. Since Michiru was never cut to begin with, I still think she will be gone.

Omg ive been waiting for Yakuza 3 remastered announcement and all of a sudden its available now. Im gonna buy the collection and download it after work. I guess i wont be having dinner

Will buy physical day one! Must have!!

method114 said:
John2290 said:

Too much Yakuza in too short a time period. It was already nauseating but after Judement and all, I couldn't play another Yakuza game if I was paid to and I've only played 0 and the PSN freebie. Can't imagine playing 0, Kiwami, Song of life, Kiwami 2, Judement and now Yakuza 3 and then 4 and 5 within such a short period of time. They are way to specific to be pumped out like this, give some breathibg room for fuck sake.

You do realize you don't have to play them all at once right? I got the uncharted collection and slowly played through the series. I would beat 1 game and then play 2 other games and then come back for the 2nd. This is what I've been doing with Yakuza and the trails of cold steel series as well. I play a Yakuza game, Trails of Cold steel game and then pick up two other games I missed like I recently beat Nier and Uncharted 4. I'm on Tales of Vesperia right now and I'll probably go back to Trails of cold steel next. After that Metro Last Light (beat Metro before Uncharted 4). There's so many games man no one is forcing you to play them all at once or one right after the other.

Yeah well I am in the same boat as him, played Yakuza 0 loved it, got Y1 had fun with it but felt more of the with less content, I picked Y2k during a sale had some fun but I gave up on the game it felt to similar.  I don't see myself getting a other Yakuza game except if they make a brand new one that changes the formula drastically.