By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona 5 The Royal (For Better or For Worst....)

I know what my Persona 5 fix is going to be. Persona 5 Dancing. An entirely new game!

Around the Network

"red herring everyone with Scramble" -- What does this mean?

I don't have a problem with it being a "new game" but I do have a problem with needing to purchase the DLC again. That seems ratty. Then again, I guess the DLC itself has been altered to account for the changes to the base game, so the same actual DLC from before wouldn't work with THIS game. If so, that kind of makes sense.

Bandorr said:

And the switch argument is BS. They didn't red herring anything. It started with an S. That was the beginning, the middle, and the end. That is on Nintendo fans, and them alone.  Oh and I guess that whole "but he is in smash" BS. Ignoring that he is in Persona Q2. Like how Cloud was added WAY before FF7 was on a Nintendo system.

Cloud is a gaming icon from the most famous JRPG series ever. Joker is a forgettable character from a somewhat niche modern JRPG. Cloud deserves a spot in the game just for being who he is. Joker doesn't. And don't come at me with the Persona Q2 thing. That one is even more niche than P5.

All things considered, thinking that P5 was coming to the Switch after the announcement of Joker in Smash was a pretty valid reasoning. Specially when all those Persona related titles started to pop out.

I'm sure glad I didn't get around to purchasing the now obsolete original. These "turbo" editions have been crap all the way since Capcom did them with Street Fighter. Selling them for $60 is just pure greed. I would never buy the same game again with just a bit more content unless it's a remaster of a 10-year old+ game on a newer console and even then I wouldn't purchase it at full price.

Can’t wait! I see don’t see the problem with the pricing, but to each their own

Around the Network

Seems like only "Good"

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm more worried about higher xp drops in the easiest Persona game yet, the worrying tought of an addendum to a complete story (the answer was trash) and the fact Meguro seems to never be able to improve the soundtrack on remakes.