By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Hiku said:
Did anyone else hear that sound during Tekken finals?

Yup, it this little reveal accidentally being shown a bit too early.

Around the Network

Someone is probably gonna lose their job due to that leak.

Weird, no Snake during the season 3 trailer. I wonder if that wasn't suppose to be revealed there to begin, but someone with access to an early trailer manage to leak it on stage.

New Guilty Gear looks awesome.

EDIT

Looks Smash time, since not is the PS4 sponsor logo not there, but of course its playing the main theme of Ultimate. Should be an awesome top 8 considering all of the crazy shit that went down last night. 

Hiku said:

Btw, since Arcsys had two different announcements several hours apart (First for Blazblue Cross Tag, and then Guilty Gear), it's not impossible that Harada will get back on stage again when EVO is about to end.
If not, someone at EVO needs to explain what that codec thing was.

The only issue I have with that is due to the final game being Smash, you would think the final reveal would be a new Smash character, granted Hero just release and Banjo aint out yet. But that just feels weird pacing wise in terms of reveals, then again I thought it was strange that we only just saw Guilty Gear instead after Blazblue was done. 

Then again I have a personal theory that a Bandai Namco rep is one of the DLC characters for Smash since only got 1 rep despite being the co-developer. So it is possible for say that a Tekken rep joins Smash, while a Smash character being Snake joins Tekken in a pretty cool back to back. 

Around the Network

LET'S FUCKING GO MKLEO

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

MKLeo holy shit, dude is just straight up dominating Smash Ultimate.

mZuzek said:
"What a comeback", yeah, hardly surprising when you're playing the best character in the game, who has the strongest in-built comeback mechanic in any Smash game. Wow, what a surprise. Honestly... Leo was carried to that win. Not saying he's not the best in the world or anything, like... he'd have beaten everyone else the way he was playing. But he wouldn't have beaten Tweek. Tweek outplayed him badly and everytime he was close to winning, Joker said PERSONA and carried MKLeo to the win. Every single time. Tweek deserved it and had it stolen from him from a broken DLC character who's actually getting buffs instead of nerfs. Good stuff, Sakurai.

Other than that yeah, it was pretty hype. Just wanted to see Tweek win. Playing a (somewhat) honest character, coming up with hype plays, outplayed MKLeo 90% of the time, and well, if he'd have won he'd have actually looked excited about it unlike mr. anti-hype MKLeo.

Ugh, I'm pissed. Had gone to a local earlier and was knocked out by a Joker, too. This whole day has been about Joker. I hate this character.

Leo was killing it with Ike and Lucina at the start of the game's life and was the only person at Evo's top 32 that was playing Joker. He is just straight up the best Smash Ultimate player by far. I seriously doubt that he is being carried by Joker, hell after ZeRo retired Leo was ranked number 1 on PGR's Smash 4 player rankings.

https://ssbworld.com/players/panda-global-rankings/

Try practicing against Joker and maybe pick up a secondary that is a good counterpick to Joker, learn to adapt to his strengths and find his weakness. 

Last edited by Ultrashroomz - on 05 August 2019

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:

I'm tempted to sign back into twitter just to retweeted, even though I am basically done with that website.