By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Outer Worlds gameplay previews out

COKTOE said:

Yeah, from what I can find from a couple different sources, Obsidian owns the IP, and Private Division owns the publishing rights.......But as Obsidian is now wholly owned by Microsoft, there would have to have been agreements made in the purchase that see Obsidian maintain some type of autonomy in controlling their own IP's for MS not to be in control now. And I don't know if that's the case. I can't find anything that would indicate it is. And of course, Microsoft could simply by the publishing rights from Private Division and gain full control. It terms of what could happen, it's kind of a mess.

Than just buy an Xbox or better yet, a cheap PC.. like i tell all my friends, if you like a game alot than you will play it regardless of the issue. You will follow the game. If the game doesnt interest you than obviously you won't invest behind it. 

The safest way to play The Outer Worlds and all its future sequels is on Xbox/PC. Again only if the game interests you. Heck i jumped to Xbox 360 just to play Halo 3 and some Rare titles. I did it because i wanted to play them, otherwise i would have stayed a PC and Nintendo guy.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
COKTOE said:

Yeah, from what I can find from a couple different sources, Obsidian owns the IP, and Private Division owns the publishing rights.......But as Obsidian is now wholly owned by Microsoft, there would have to have been agreements made in the purchase that see Obsidian maintain some type of autonomy in controlling their own IP's for MS not to be in control now. And I don't know if that's the case. I can't find anything that would indicate it is. And of course, Microsoft could simply by the publishing rights from Private Division and gain full control. It terms of what could happen, it's kind of a mess.

Than just buy an Xbox or better yet, a cheap PC.. like i tell all my friends, if you like a game alot than you will play it regardless of the issue. You will follow the game. If the game doesnt interest you than obviously you won't invest behind it. 

The safest way to play The Outer Worlds and all its future sequels is on Xbox/PC. Again only if the game interests you. Heck i jumped to Xbox 360 just to play Halo 3 and some Rare titles. I did it because i wanted to play them, otherwise i would have stayed a PC and Nintendo guy.

Yeah, anything's possible. I might just bite the bullet and buy The Outer Worlds on PS4, and deal with how to buy the potential sequel if/when the time comes. The interest is there.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

pokoko said:

Like a lot of early open-world and FPP games, Fallout 3 is extremely dated.  In terms of gameplay and content, Fallout 4 is worlds beyond it.  However, I didn't get much of a Fallout 3/NV/4 vibe from the (admittedly limited) videos in the OP.  It's more like they took a ton of dialogue stuff and married it to a straightforward style of gameplay, like a Borderlands or a Far Cry game.  Seemed more shooter-ish than Fallout, which is very exploration based rather than quest-hub based, though of course you can spray and pray in Fallout if you really want.  

Personally, I play Fallout games in a very tactical manner, usually without companions, using a lot of mines, stealth, sniping, and environmental hazards, rather than brute force, so the combat in the videos didn't appeal to me as a Fallout fan.  However, I also loved Borderlands as an "arcade" shooter which brought its own quirks, so who knows.  Also, these previews tend to be very quick and dirty, as opposed to fans taking their time and finding different nuances, so I'm not going to judge just yet.  

Spoken like a true bounty hunter

I'm more like that myself, relying on traps to kill my foes, as well as throwing noises in the distance, to grab their attention elsewhere.

I find the stealth approach more of a good challenge and rewarding as well. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 04 August 2019

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

COKTOE said:

Yeah, anything's possible. I might just bite the bullet and buy The Outer Worlds on PS4, and deal with how to buy the potential sequel if/when the time comes. The interest is there.

You really have nothing to lose. I mean a good game that interests your needs is worth the buy.  The way the industry is heading, i cannot see the sequel being exclusive.