Sony just announced ps4 shipped 100mill units!
Courtsey of gematusu
~Edit for more info~
Games and Network Services, Operating Profit of $680 Million, down from $769 Million last year.
Operating Profit forecast for full FY remains unchanged, $2.58 Billion compared to $2.86 Billion last year.
- Decrease in first party software sales compared to quarter last year (no god of war lol)
- Lower than expected third party software sales
- Negative impact of exchange rates
- Increase in PS4 Hardware sales and profit margin
- Increase in network services sales (PS+, etc)
- Lower than expected PS4 Hardware Sales
The reason they give for the Operating Profit forecast not being reduced despite lower than expected third party software and ps4 hardware sales is that cost reductions (presumably for PS4 hardware) are better than expected and the sales of PS+ and other network services are higher than expected.Last edited by Hiku - on 30 July 2019
My youtube gaming page.