By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Salon Closed after Refusing to Wax Trans Woman's Scrotum

KLAMarine said:
morenoingrato said:
Please don't post your garbage shit threads and opinions here. Thanks.

Whoa, what seems to be the problem?

The OP has a habit of posting things like this in a "gee golly what do you think" manner, when they clearly have a strong opinion and agenda on the matter.  

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
KLAMarine said:

Whoa, what seems to be the problem?

The OP has a habit of posting things like this in a "gee golly what do you think" manner, when they clearly have a strong opinion and agenda on the matter.  

And because you don't agree with their opinion, they shouldn't be able to post it.  Kinda closed-minded and intolerant if you ask me.

thismeintiel said:
JWeinCom said:

And because you don't agree with their opinion, they shouldn't be able to post it.  Kinda closed-minded and intolerant if you ask me.

I didn't say that.  But if you want to argue your opinion, just be up front about it, instead of trying to bait people in dishonestly.  As for the person who was modded, they were sharing their opinion as well.

o_O.Q said:
gergroy said:

Yes, because she would be having to wax a dong.  That’s not discrimination, it is a very different service then what she thought she had booked.  Something that again, somebody should not be forced to provide if it isn’t something that is already offered.  It sounds like she wouldn’t do it for any male.  Doesn’t matter if the person identifies as female.  It is still a dong.

"That’s not discrimination"

its discrimination on the basis of genitals, the argument for trans people is that we should instead of discriminating on the basis of genitals discriminate on self identification

I’m sorry, but no person should be forced to work around an opposite genders genitals against their will.  It would be discrimination if she offered the service to other males or trans people but not her, but that isn’t the case here.  

JWeinCom said:
thismeintiel said:

I didn't say that.  But if you want to argue your opinion, just be up front about it, instead of trying to bait people in dishonestly.  As for the person who was modded, they were sharing their opinion as well.

And it appears to be the most liked post in this thread...

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
thismeintiel said:

Well, there's sharing your opinion, which the OP did, then there's just being a jerk because you don't like their opinion. If you can argue your opinions well, you should be able to debate it without name-calling or just wanting the other person to shut up.

gergroy said:
JWeinCom said:

Yeah I believe because most people realize OP's dishonesty and bait threads are getting stale.

gergroy said:
JWeinCom said:

Sadly, it seems more people today want safe spaces, where they are away from disagreeing opinions, instead of open debate.

Perfectly within the Salons rights to decline, simple fact of the matter is training to do work in beauty therapy is quite different from men to female, same goes for hairdressing and barbering, the way men and womens hair grow is different and as such needs training to properly be able to work with someone of the gender their claiming to be. This would be the same as trying to call out a vet for not performing neutering on your cat... when you show up to the vet and present your furry girlfriend with cat ears and a collar on here and get her to meow to the Vet.

Being honest.... if it was me and the person was causing a stink.... I probably would have waxed those balls right off, one good rip could get that person from pre op to post op if you get a good grip on them. Would need them to sign a waiver first that you were clearly not qualified for ball waxing, but you were willing to give it a tug.

This isn't going to do trans people any favours when it comes to getting positive PR and winning the general population over to their side in arguments like this, shite like this would have the possibility of people worrying what happens next, someone giving out to an IVF clinic for refusing to insert fertilized eggs up their japseye?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

thismeintiel said:
JWeinCom said:

Well, there's sharing your opinion, which the OP did, then there's just being a jerk because you don't like their opinion. If you can argue your opinions well, you should be able to debate it without name-calling or just wanting the other person to shut up.

No, the OP isn't sharing their opinion.  The OP is pretending they are neutral on the topic to bait people in.  People see through it, which is why you see the reaction, and why people agreed with it.  It's not about the OPs actual opinion, it's about their dishonest style of presenting it.