By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best Game of E3 is a Ps4 Exklusive (FF7remake)

Visually the game looks stunning and the sound, music and voice acting is everything I wanted however i have my concerns with the Battle system and episodic release. I feel the Battle system will get boring pretty quickly and its a visual mess to the eyes from what I have seen and the episode idea I am not in favour for. How much will this game cost us once completed. I cannot see Square Enix selling these episodes cheap.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Visually the game looks stunning and the sound, music and voice acting is everything I wanted however i have my concerns with the Battle system and episodic release. I feel the Battle system will get boring pretty quickly and its a visual mess to the eyes from what I have seen and the episode idea I am not in favour for. How much will this game cost us once completed. I cannot see Square Enix selling these episodes cheap.

The battle system scared me when I first saw the combat for FF7R too.
However time slows/pauses when you want to give commands, and you can swap between characters on the fly.

I think the combat they showed at E3 (this year), looked like it was gonna work out well.
Thats why the E3 showing of it this time around was so good, it relieved people of their worries in that reguard.

The episodic release is the real bish though, gonna suck waiting years for it.

Honestly regardless of my thoughts on it as a fan, it was one of the only AAA games to arrive with actual gameplay footage over just some CGI trailer. That is a plus regardless.

Hmm, pie.

Azzanation said:

Why should they?  These will be 3 full AAA games.

These won't be 2-3 hours games like the telltales games.

Let's be fair, if this was during the Xbox One timed exclusive era we wouldn't be calling this "exclusive", or if we would we would be mocking it's status as an exclusive pretty hard. I do see a few corrections in this thread but, just rolling with this as an "exclusive" is disingenuous. It's timed, doesn't really mean anything.

Although honestly, I think that from this April to next April, we'll already see the most consistent support in terms of quantity of major or AA releases regardless. Days Gone, Death Stranding, The Last of Us 2, MediEvil, Concrete Genie. That's a pretty awesome way to close off your console.

Around the Network

This can be timed exclusive.

finalrpgfantasy said:
Azzanation said:

Why should they?  These will be 3 full AAA games.

These won't be 2-3 hours games like the telltales games.

This.  People are getting hung up on both translation issues and their view of the original game.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is not Final Fantasy VII.  And that's a mental hurdle that a number of people are simply not willing to climb.   It's an entirely different game using the same root story.  And VIIR is going to expand the story greatly.  So it's not episodic, but it will be a duology or more likely a trilogy of games telling the full, unabridged, story.