By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamebreaking glitch in Blooodstained. Read before starting a New Game.

Perhaps the Switch version releasing a week late isn’t such a bad thing then.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Basically, if you start a New Game before downloading the 1.02 update, and then update to that version during your playthrough, you're screwed.
If you start a New Game before downloading the 1.02 update, and then don't update to that version during your playthrough, you're fine.
If you start a New Game after downloading the 1.02 update, you're fine.

I think I'm screwed then. 10 hours in, but I haven't gotten to the treasure chest that people say will be opened. It's the key item necessary for taking a photograph.

I don't understand why they can't just make that chest respawn if it's already opened and the players doesn't have the item/hasn't passed the quest. Or sell the key item in a shop at that point.

I don't know if I should just start over now, or continue till I get there. Because it sounds like they gave up on the idea of fixing it.

Thanks for the info.

@bolded. That sucks man. I hate losing progress. No matter how great/fun the game is, if I'm forced to re-do several hours due to a bug, glitch or act of god, it's no longer fun, and it's no longer a game, it's work. At least that's how I often feel if I try to redo everything again immediately.

Lost 40+ hours in Demon's Souls due to a power surge and it took me over 2 years to go back and start from scratch.

My very first thread here was me having a meltdown about an inFamous plat trophy bug. I had to play through hard mode a second time to get the plat due to an awful oversight from Sucker Punch. If you go into options and choose hard mode at the beginning, you are locked out of the trophy. You have to wait for the game to ask you what difficulty you want to play at.....so stupid.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."