By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Tales of Vesperia NEWS Thread

@ckmlb

Everything is possible but is it likely given how the PS3 has been performing in Japan? To me if the question is performance in Japan then the most likely scenario is for them to focus their energy to porting the title onto the Wii. The same holds true of the international market. When you port shouldn't you go for the real gold.

Every time we have one of these threads someone says the exact same thing you said its like the Wii doesn't exist or is not a viable option. Yes there would be sacrifices in the games quality, but for the person who owns a Wii those do not seem to be major concerns. Neither is it like porting to the PS3 doesn't have technical problems. After all the most logical port is to the PC.

I am curious why the Wii never enters into these discussions about what is best in the Japanese market. The Wii controls almost seventy percent of the market in Japan. Last week the Wii accounted for eighty three percent of console sales and, ninety three percent of software sales. That is strong incentive if you think a port will do well in the market. Nintendo is actually going to have an even better position by the time any eventual port could be brought to the market.

Around the Network

The only way I'm not playing this game is if it's a 360 exclusive. Which seems to be the case. Bummer.

mrkk said:
The only way I'm not playing this game is if it's a 360 exclusive. Which seems to be the case. Bummer.

which has nothing to do with the thread, i'm reporting you :)

There's a 95% chance that they'll port it, whether to PS3 or Wii (or both). I love Tales, but this game is destined to fucking bomb, especially in Japan. That's how I know it's going to get ported without a moneyhat.

Symphonia on the Gamecube sold better than Legendia and they STILL ported it to the PS2. Higher development costs and an extremely tiny home base to sell this game to? They've probably been sweating about this game for awhile. If they don't port it to either platform, they're going to take a hit on a doomed masterpiece, which is something they normally don't do for Tales.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

why do you guys think the game will bomb? "Tales of" is like the most popular non-Square Enix RPG series in Japan. For all we know, the game could push some systems(atleast in Japan) and if Namco can get off their lazy butts and get advertising for the game, it will also sell in the US(this is being optimistic)

Around the Network

It would still sell better on PS3 in Japan, maybe even worldwide.

The reason I don't bring up the Wii is because:

1. it's a high end HD game.
2. Wii is already getting a new Tales game, a direct sequel to the most popular Tales game (I believe). Then this could be the Tales game of the HD consoles.
3. More games go PS360 than PSWii60 or Wii60.

Still, it is possible, anything is. They could downgrade and release on DS, PSP, PS2 or even mobiles...

In any case, this comes out on 360 first, I'll buy it on 360. All that matters to me. I was just speculating on what the Namco guy said about a possible PS3 release.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!