By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFVIII PS1 VS PS4 - Character models UPDATED!!

phinch1 said:
Never actually finished ff8, I had an 80+ hour games save on the ps1 and my sister saved over the file, not played it since, 100% day 1

Is that so? How did your sister take it when you burned down her Nsync posters and smashed her cellphone?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Could've done a lot more with it. The 3D environment could've used some love.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

AbbathTheGrim said:
phinch1 said:
Never actually finished ff8, I had an 80+ hour games save on the ps1 and my sister saved over the file, not played it since, 100% day 1

Is that so? How did your sister take it when you burned down her Nsync posters and smashed her cellphone?

Please don't it's still too soon, it was actually soul destroying, I think it's taken me 20 years almost get over it. 

With remasters like this, it's easy for me to worry about characters looking out-of-place due to other assets (e.g. backgrounds) still being of lower quality. I don't currently see much reason for worry here, but those pictures in the video are so zoomed it's pretty much impossible to actually be able to tell. Also, the new models look a bit soulless to me, although that might not be that noticeable in action.

Last edited by Zkuq - on 12 June 2019

Zkuq said:

With remasters like this, it's easy for me to worry about characters looking out-of-place due to other assets (e.g. backgrounds) still being of lower quality. I don't currently see much reason for worry here, but those pictures in the video are so zoomed it's pretty much impossible to actually be able to tell. Also, the new models look a bit soulless to me, although that might not be that noticeable in action.

It will look really great in handheld mode imo. 

But I will be buying this, as this is probably my favorite Final Fantasy, but even if it wasn't, just the card game Tipple Triad is worth it to me.

Around the Network

Completely agree.
Hope they have worked on the backgrounds as well but this is a day 1 definitely. Oh, and triple triad!!!

Updated guys, more models compared

The higher resolution is nice, but am I the only only who thinks the original models look more mature? They should have just left the original design and polish the rough edges, anyway nice to see this game is getting some attention, this games gets a lot of undeserved hate sure the draw system didn’t work but overall the game was really good and worthy of the final fantasy name.

The higher resolution is nice, but am I the only only who thinks the original models look more mature? They should have just left the original design and polish the rough edges, anyway nice to see this game is getting some attention, this games gets a lot of undeserved hate sure the draw system didn’t work but overall the game was really good and worthy of the final fantasy name.

gamingsoul said:

Squalls hair looked better in original