By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's E3 2019 happened without You Noticing (Engadget )

Tagged games:

What do you think

Sony is Ninja 10 52.63%

Kaz hirai lurking and lau... 9 47.37%

Total:19
FloatingWaffles said:
HollyGamer said:

You are talking to much but ended up agree LOL.

For Nintendo Exception for direct play ,  It will be a different story when it come to  Nintendo, because Not all third party games coming to  Nintendo so Not all third party representing Nintendo , in fact Nintendo always the one promoting an old third party port that come to Switch 

Microsoft will be close to Sony scenario if they are not intending E3 , but the have less surprise moment, games and exclusives that not worth to hype. And their fan base is smaller than Sony. Especially this gen where Sony got more third party deals and exclusives and benefit of having more sales and getting more beter treatment from third party developer. But i say it's close

But with this Sony save a hell a lot of money while still gain promotion and marketing for their console.

I literally said I don't agree lmao, this entire thing is still pure reaching and I think all the reasons they gave completely destroy it 

if you wanna convince yourself of this then go ahead bud, you do you, we can just agree to disagree

The fact that Nintendo lack third party developer support  less exclusives on Xbox proves that both of them are really different from Sony and need E3 more then Sony. 

Around the Network

I think alot of you dont understand the importance of marketing and publicly. Cyberpunk has just been heavily marketed on X1 which is generating buzz for Xbox not PS4 eithen through we know its coming to PS4. The fact Sony wasnt there to show it off benefits there opposition, just like how Destiny and COD were marketed for PS4.
FF7 is also coming to other platforms same as Cyberpunk so if thats a win for Sony than its a win for PC since thats getting everything aswell.

Of course Sony are going to announce system sales etc. Heck Xboxs event was finished days ago and there still making announcements like that.

I think this entire thread is reaching thinking Square a company Sony doesnt own and FF7 a game Sony doesnt own or make is a win. Not being at E3 would be due to other reasons.

5o say Sony has a great E3 showing because of Square is.. well facepalming in my book.

Azzanation said:

I think alot of you dont understand the importance of marketing and publicly. Cyberpunk has just been heavily marketed on X1 which is generating buzz for Xbox not PS4 eithen through we know its coming to PS4. The fact Sony wasnt there to show it off benefits there opposition, just like how Destiny and COD were marketed for PS4.
FF7 is also coming to other platforms same as Cyberpunk so if thats a win for Sony than its a win for PC since thats getting everything aswell.

Of course Sony are going to announce system sales etc. Heck Xboxs event was finished days ago and there still making announcements like that.

I think this entire thread is reaching thinking Square a company Sony doesnt own and FF7 a game Sony doesnt own or make is a win. Not being at E3 would be due to other reasons.

5o say Sony has a great E3 showing because of Square is.. well facepalming in my book.

Yeah but since its timed exclusive, theres gonna be a half-year to a year wait before you ll see it other places.

And I bet Cyberpunk still ends up selling twice as much on playstation 4, as it does on xbox one.
also cyberpunk isnt a timed exclusive to xbox, it ll release day and date along side the PS4 version.

The same isnt true for Final Fantasy 7 Remake, so its not "the same" situtation, as you claimed above.

Nice guy Sony, as always.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
JRPGfan said:

Yeah but since its timed exclusive, theres gonna be a half-year to a year wait before you ll see it other places.

And I bet Cyberpunk still ends up selling twice as much on playstation 4, as it does on xbox one.
also cyberpunk isnt a timed exclusive to xbox, it ll release day and date along side the PS4 version.

The same isnt true for Final Fantasy 7 Remake, so its not "the same" situtation, as you claimed above.

Its definity great having FF7 on your platform as its a legendary game however a timed exclusive on a game sold in parts isnt exactly a bad thing for there competitors either as once its released somewhere else, they will advertise it as the full game etc.

Cyberpunk will sell more on PS4 because of the sheer bigger userbase however marketing can do wonders and considering Cyberpunk will continue to be advistised as the superior choice on X is a good backing for a game like that.

Squars conference was great and ill rate it 2nd best under Nintendos showing since that was my personal favourite.

Around the Network

- Marketing is important.... but selling more consoles and games isn't, ok. Not to forget that selling more consoles also don't show who had more impact on marketing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

twintail said:
What a dumb take.

That said, i do think MS's Scarlett info drop looked silly after Sony's PS5 announcement. I'd wager the next gen conversation is with Sony atm.

Personally, I agree with the take.  Sony will see more buzz and sales this year than MS, even though they didn't show up to E3.  There are many more ways to reach your consumers now.

I do agree with your last statement, though.  MS just repeated the same info Sony did, but put on an expensive E3 show to do it.  It all just seemed like they were playing catch up, again.  The reveal vid wasn't the greatest, either. Just compare it to the PS4 reveal trailer, which went viral for like a week or so, and now has over 35M views.  It's been two days and the Scarlett reveal trailer is at 1.39M views.  Not generating much hype with that one.

If they wanted to wow people, it should have been a full reveal.  I mean, what do they have to lose.  XBO sales are in the crapper, even with it being effectively $199.  They might as well get people pumped for next gen.  I still think it's odd they didn't at least announce the Tflops, like they did with the X.  My guess is they aren't 100% sure they are beating Sony next gen.

JRPGfan said:
Azzanation said:

This.  Really, I can't recall the last time MS paying for advertising actually helped them sell more copies than the PS4.  Or really boost HW sales all that much either.

Oh cool, there’s a thread on Resetera making fun of some shitty fluff piece from PushSquare and lots of posters were comparing it to “that awful Engadget article” and I didn’t know what they were talking about.

The summary in the OP does make the article sound terrible, but tagging for later reading. I was wondering how long it would take for people to start spinning the absence as a positive lol

thismeintiel said:

JRPGfan said:

This.  Really, I can't recall the last time MS paying for advertising actually helped them sell more copies than the PS4.  Or really boost HW sales all that much either.

People need to stop thinking this is all about Xbox trying to outsell PS. Its about Xbox trying to sell more consoles and games. PS4 doesnt need marketing to outsell the X1, the generation has already spoken. PS4 will outsell the X1 even with anti consumer practises and censorship etc. They could release mediocre games and still outsell the X1. Its a sad reality.

Xbox need E3 to recreate there brand where as PS doesnt. Having marketing rights wont affect Sony but it will help Xbox.

Azzanation said:
thismeintiel said:

People need to stop thinking this is all about Xbox trying to outsell PS. Its about Xbox trying to sell more consoles and games. PS4 doesnt need marketing to outsell the X1, the generation has already spoken. PS4 will outsell the X1 even with anti consumer practises and censorship etc. They could release mediocre games and still outsell the X1. Its a sad reality.

Xbox need E3 to recreate there brand where as PS doesnt. Having marketing rights wont affect Sony but it will help Xbox.

I guess it's good that Sony feels the need to release quality titles. Something Xbox should definitely try to do more of if they wish to improve their situation next gen.

Not sure what anti-consumer practises you speak of. I'm guessing it's something subjective that not all obviously agree with you on.