By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VIII Remaster

vivster said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

So you used attacks, limit breaks and Draw/cast against the enemies?

Never used any magic. It's literally only attacks and healing items and limit breaks of course. As soon as I can access new magic to draw I'll max it out and bind it. Limit breaks with maxed stats are already way too powerful. All that GFs would do is drag out the fight.

Did you not use Aura to spam more Limit Breaks?

Around the Network
vivster said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Never used any magic. It's literally only attacks and healing items and limit breaks of course. As soon as I can access new magic to draw I'll max it out and bind it. Limit breaks with maxed stats are already way too powerful. All that GFs would do is drag out the fight.

I was very young when I played FF8 so I would refrain from keeping my character in low health to activate the limit breaks. There was Aura though, but that was another spell I would use for Junction.

I experimented with Draw-Cast for a while but never used it that much. If I remember correctly the spells you could draw from enemies were spells that didn't have much effect against those same enemies either. Fire monsters = fire spells = useless against them. But of course, you would draw spells from monsters for Junction, until you could fly to the "Island Clases to Hell" and "Island Closest to Heaven" (if I remember correctly the name of those islands ^^')

When I battled I spammed GFs and indeed they dragged the fight a lot.

I guess that now that I am older I would play the game differently and be more wise in my playthroughs, just like it felt to revisit old Resident Evil games some months ago and how easy they felt to beat in comparison to how I remembered them.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

vivster said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

The key to the game is GF leveling, controlling how they level. Early game bosses is using them to do the fighting for you as they are more powerful than you, late game is you doing it instead after leveling them up correctly. The Junction system is actually more in depth then people think.

Most important is Refine abilities, they allow you to compensate for lack of draw to max out characters traits. 

After about a few hours, I don't even use items at all, my main thing is Attack, Magic, Draw, GF with a couple of other things later. Magic was only for heals or elemental bosses. Final bosses are 'Meltdown', to burn them, then Aura on Squall who has ultimate on Attack. Win.

If PS5 BC is a thing, I'll considering getting this as long as it's not too expensive. I mean I can play FF8 whenever but would be nice if I could just turn on an play at sometime.

Hmm, pie.

I guess they finally found the source code they apparently lost.

Farsala said:
vivster said:

Aura was one of the good spells to couple, not sure which stat. I never really felt the need for it. Though I have to say I never honestly tackled Omega Weapon where I might have needed it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Day one on Switch, and it looks great too!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

vivster said:
Farsala said:

Aura was one of the good spells to couple, not sure which stat. I never really felt the need for it. Though I have to say I never honestly tackled Omega Weapon where I might have needed it.

It was definitely necessary to keep capped, but for any tedious fight like bosses with too much hp, it was very useful to spam Limit Breaks.

Ka-pi96 said:
Mar1217 said:
Mmm ... mechanically it doesn't change that it's one of the most easily broken battle system in the whole series.

Btw, wasn't the reason they couldn't do a remaster to begin with orignally because they lost the source code ? How did they retrieve it ?

I thought the reason was because they lost the license for the music they used in the game?

Not as if it matters now anyway, whatever the reason was (maybe they just hate FF8 fans ) it seems to be resolved now

They didn’t license any music for FF VIII.

Everything, including Liberi Fatali and Eyes on Me, was composed by Nobuo Uematsu.

Faye Wong sang Eyes on Me but didn’t write or compose it.

The game’s music is entirely the property of Square-Enix.

Loved this game

Damn I'm excited for this!!! Day one buy!
Got FFVII and FFIX on my ps4 already, time to complete the PS1 trilogy of greatness.