By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is building an Age of Empires studio.

Ka-pi96 said:
But... why?

They already had an AoE studio and closed them down. They should have just kept them in the first place

For a while, Microsoft's gaming division was shifting to focus heavily on Xbox consoles and they were moving away from PC. At the same time, the Age of Empires brand had been in a lull. Given those two facts, it made sense at the time.

Now they're shifting their focus into multiplat and PC again, and interest in AoE has been growing again, so it somewhat makes sense, again, to reverse that decision.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Please, please, please figure out a way to do decent RTS on the XBOX platform... I want to play console RTS. Yes, I know it is not optimal, but I use computer stuff for doing work, not games.

I would not mind an Xbox mini :) I want to be able to plug my Steel Battalion controller on it and play Brute Force!

Polyludic said:
Please, please, please figure out a way to do decent RTS on the XBOX platform... I want to play console RTS. Yes, I know it is not optimal, but I use computer stuff for doing work, not games.

Halo Wars is probably the best RTS game we are going to get on console, simplified+large base building, small unit groups... All designed for the controllers restrictions in mind.
Before that... StarCraft 64 was a solid effort which implemented a ton of automation, but the micro-management still existed which made it a downright chore.

I don't know why I keep buying up every RTS game that comes for console though, I guess I am glutten for punishment?

PC is where it is at for RTS.

Although, I would not be against the idea of Homeworld 1+2+3 being ported to console... I think that might do okay.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Polyludic said:

Halo Wars is probably the best RTS game we are going to get on console, simplified+large base building, small unit groups... All designed for the controllers restrictions in mind.
Before that... StarCraft 64 was a solid effort which implemented a ton of automation, but the micro-management still existed which made it a downright chore.

I don't know why I keep buying up every RTS game that comes for console though, I guess I am glutten for punishment?

PC is where it is at for RTS.

Although, I would not be against the idea of Homeworld 1+2+3 being ported to console... I think that might do okay.

I think it's down to piqued interest, because I share that same sentiment as you do. I'm curious as to seeing what they would do, to put an RTS on a console. WIth the previous modern C&C games, it was the unit cap and fps cut, but what could they have done to fit say, C&C 4 onto consoles, since that was already unit capped on PC, and wasn't visually demanding. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Xbox version... please.

Ka-pi96 said:
But... why?

They already had an AoE studio and closed them down. They should have just kept them in the first place

Different people in charged.  This is spencer show now so evidently he feels that Ensemble should not have gone to sleep.