By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tales of Arise Officially announced! New beginning for the Tales series

Xxain said:
Keybladewielder said:

It looks amazing, a huuuuuuuge improvement from previous games in the series. I really can't wait to see more party members and details about the combat system. I hope the theme song for the game is by Flow.

Party members? 

Are you trying to say that this won't have other party members like previous games in the series?

"Featuring an original cast of characters, a dramatic storyline, dynamic combat, breath-taking environments, with some classic Tales Of elements included; Tales of Arise marks a new beginning for the famed JRPG franchise".

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:
Xxain said:

Party members? 

Are you trying to say that this won't have other party members like previous games in the series?

"Featuring an original cast of characters, a dramatic storyline, dynamic combat, breath-taking environments, with some classic Tales Of elements included; Tales of Arise marks a new beginning for the famed JRPG franchise".

That does not signify party members. Cast of characters are specific characters that drive the plot

Xxain said:
Keybladewielder said:

That does not signify party members. Cast of characters are specific characters that drive the plot

We'll see, but I wouldn't judge based on a single trailer.

Mar1217 said:
It certainly looks good !

Other than that, it seems like they're going full action-RPG on this one which isn't my cup of tea honestly.

What?

There is nowhere near enough info to make that conclusion. Technically speaking, Tales has been an action RPG since for ever. Only thing that separates it is a transition screen. This looks to be doing away with any form of a transition between battle and non battle mode.

I am Tales of fan, they fill some JRPG slots that other games don't do, I got all the achievements for Tales of vesperia, the platinum trophy for Zesteria/Berseria/TOV remake because I am really into this games. They bring me a kind of joy I can't find in other games.

This Tales of looks so different, more serious, less anime style, one player fighting? I am sure this new beginning of the tales of franchise will bring in newcomers and possible it sells more than any Tales of game ever did but this new beginning feels the end of the 'Tales of' franchise for me sadly..

Around the Network

Suprised there is no Switch version. Looks great though, will likely pick up on PS4 if it does not at least get announced as a late port.

For long games like this I would prefer to have it portable.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

ive always fancied all the tales games and used to own many of them but ive never ever played one to completion, Ive bought tales of symphonia lets see if i can complete worst comes to the worst il use a trainer and plough through it

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Hiku said:

Tales of Arise probably impressed me the most because of what a big makeover it seems to have gotten.
I was getting a 'Gamefreak' vibe from the Tales studio for the past c.a. 15 years where they were doing very minimalistic changes to the games over the course of three console generations. So I'm very happy to see this change, and it's something I'll be happy to support with my money as long as it's a decent game.

Xxain said:

Did anybody else feel like some of the scenes did not support mutiple party members?

No, because we see the girl in several scenes that appear to be her fighting.

The dark background here makes it look like it may very well be her Hi Ougi (Mystic Arte).
Along with several other shots of her firing her gun, which would seem extremely odd if she can't participate in combat. And if she can, I doubt she'd only be able to do it alone.

So because of that I went back to inspect the footage, and notice that we even see her fighting alongside the other main character.

Keybladewielder said:

We'll see, but I wouldn't judge based on a single trailer.

No worries. We see multiple party members in the trailer.

I was playing Devil's advocate. I know it will have party members.

Hiku said:
Xxain said:

I was playing Devil's advocate. I know it will have party members.

You played devil's advocate, for a non-existent issue that you brought up?

That's not how it works.

When you want to keep the thread from dying it does.

Likeing how it looks so far.