By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Uncharted Movie to Star -------

Tom Holland doesn't have the look ( too small ), and is, IMO also too young for the role. Even his voice feels wrong for the part. Not a good choice. And yes I'm thinking Nathan Fillion would have been a better choice as well. The little guy working Drake over in the fan film is Ernie Reyes Jr. Among other things, he was a Ninja Turtle ( Donatello ) in the original TMNT movie.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
SpokenTruth said:

I think they first announced it on May 22 but the news slipped under the radar (no topic here about it for instance).  Today's announcement was about the December 2020 release date but it also caught major attention regarding Holland this time.

I'm thinking further back than that, to last year or something... unless that was all just rumours or something, but it appears they've turned out true if that's the case, lol. 

Actually announced it over two years ago

https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/23/why-tom-holland-as-uncharteds-nathan-drake-is-an-inspired-choice

Geez.
I bet Michael Cera is gonna play Lazarević

axumblade said:
I mean, Nathan Fillion would have been an amazing Nathan Drake if this movie would have been older Drake but it doesn't work with him playing the young version of him...

Bristow9091 said:
COKTOE said:

Tom Holland doesn't have the look ( too small ), and is, IMO also too young for the role. Even his voice feels wrong for the part. Not a good choice. And yes I'm thinking Nathan Fillion would have been a better choice as well. The little guy working Drake over in the fan film is Ernie Reyes Jr. Among other things, he was a Ninja Turtle ( Donatello ) in the original TMNT movie.

Pretty sure they're planning to have it as a prequel to the games, so it'd make sense to pick a younger actor, and just because Nathan Fillion looks like him doesn't really mean he's got the acting chops for the role either, his fan film wasn't bad, but I wouldn't call it good either... he's also not exactly a bankable actor, whereas Tom Holland is known worldwide thank to his role as Spider-Man, so that'll bring in the audience and make mo' monies, lol :P 

Ahhhh! I see. Everything about this makes more sense then. I know Fillion is nowhere as big a star as Holland, and as you say, bankabilty of the lead is a huge consideration. I still think he has the "chops" though. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

So Nathan Drake is gonna be like, 15 in this movie. Gotcha.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Should have picked Dwayne Johnson

Im more worried about uwe boll directing

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Yeah crappy casting. Now they are gonna ruin sully next.

Don't mind that at all actually. Holland is a good actor, and if they're going for Drake's younger years he seems like a good pick.

shikamaru317 said:
The movie will be a disaster for sure. Nobody wants to see a young Nathan Drake played by Tom Holland, they want an older Drake played by Nathan Fillion. A prequel also means best girl Elena won't be in the movie, since her and Drake didn't meet until Drake was much older than Tom Holland.

I kinda agree with you. Why start out in prequel land? Give audiences something more grounded in the era of Drake that the games take place in. This isn't going to be much more than an Indiana Jones-type action adventure movie at it's core. Might as well keep things more familiar in terms of characters. If you're not doing that, you're not making proper use of the license, and will end up with a movie that will feel like Uncharted in name only.