By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Death Stranding Releasing November 8th - New Trailer Just Streamed

For at its basic core, it being MGS5, I'm a little disappointed. Why hide that for so long? Ironically, maybe that was the surprise?

Around the Network
Medisti said:
I still don't understand what this game even is.

My guess is:

Open world

Exploration: seems you can create tools and equipment to reach areas and places to find stuff

Melee fighting

Third person shooting

Stealth (the Metal Gear element right there when those humanoids, from what appears to be another dimension or time, show up and hunt the player character)

The story, well, just like other games and movies the trailer just teases the story but doesn't give everything away. Since this game seems to have an intriguing premise I guess we can have quite a bit of urgency to know what it is all about. :)

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

twintail said:
Xxain said:
For at its basic core, it being MGS5, I'm a little disappointed. Why hide that for so long? Ironically, maybe that was the surprise?

I feel like you could have easily guessed that was the case from previous trailers and the fact that it uses the Horizon engine.

Either way, the gameplay loop is most likely not the same. DS looks more like traversal/ parcel management/ stealth for the real world, with stealth/ action for the upside-down realm. So the latter is probably more MGS with the former being something a little different.

Unless you saw some previous trailers that we didn't ... Bullshit. A big negative with this game is the marketing, specifically this long with no gameplay. If there was some trailer that had something we have an idea of what gameplay was like then that negative wouldn't exist.

The babies are annoying.

John2290 said:
This is taking over the internet in a way I never expected. Mass appeal won in a single day. Looks like another huge instant Playstation first party with millions in the bag right out the gate and 8 figures lifetime.

What’s happening exactly that you’re saying it’s taking over the internet?

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Graphically the game looks stunning. The different scenery looks good too but the gameplay looks pretty mediocre. Hopefully they release a video going into more detail about how the gameplay.

I have to agree, but MGSV had superb gameplay so i'm not gonna doubt kojima.

I’m probably in the minority on this...but this trailer didn’t really excite me. It got me interested but it’s already at a point where I’ll have to wait and see from the reviews. I have not played a lot of Kojima’s games but I have some understanding of his game philosophies.

The graphics are pretty astounding. Pretty cool seeing the actors look as they are in real life.

The story is more confusing than ever. Will I eventually understand when I play the game? I’m not sure...I guess that doesn’t matter in some sense, but I don’t really see where this is going.

The gameplay looks..mediocre. Part of a video game is being able to play the game. The combat looks like Uncharted..and not in a good way. It looks kinda clunky and stiff. Maybe it’ll change..I don’t know.

As for it being open world...I hope it’ll intrigue me as Breath of the Wild did. Whenever I explored Hyrule, I always look forward to the unknown and part of that was the gameplay mechanics that allowed me to be creative and discover nukes and crannies that surprise me. I worry that DS’s gameplay might not be as effective if it’s going the open world route.

If you’re all excited, cool beans. I’m keeping an eye on this game. Just not sure what to really think of it at this time.

This game isn't going to live up to the hype.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

A little bit more of gameplay from the Japanese trailer:

At 6:03

https://youtu.be/g1ZLa1Z9-M8?t=363

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

CGI-Quality said:

Beautiful ! Can't wait.  Day one of course.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.