By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Witcher 3 revealed for the Switch!

Shaunodon said:
Pinkie_pie said:

After watching the comparison on digital foundry, graphics took a huge hit on the switch. Lets hope the frame rate is good but i have a feeling it will be all over the place. It will be $60 on the switch which is too expensive when you can get the complete edition for 15 euro on psn. I bought the complete edition for $20 over a year ago

People who alrealdy possess another system and the time to sit at home and play through the game aren't their target market. Not sure why this isn't widely understood by now.

Just because you can play it in portable doesnt mean it should cost twice as much as the home version. If thats the case then every switch port should cost twice as much as the home console version? Witcher 3 is over 4 year old and since you can get it for $30 or less on all other systems it shouldnt be $60 when it releases on the switch 

Around the Network
Barkley said:
HoloDust said:

Here's where it's from, there's a side by side comparison in full res:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-the-witcher-3-switch-trailer-analysis

Yeah ps4 image I uploaded was ripped from a youtube video as Digital Foundry hadn't made article yet so that was best comparison footage I could quickly find, better quality image for PS4 really emphasises the differences. 

I would think by now that people shouldn't judge a game by youtube, let alone a youtube pic.

From all my years of seeing games in person and online videos, the pic on the right is closer to what the Switch version will end up looking like on your tv/handheld than the left one.

HoloDust said:
Barkley said:

Yeah ps4 image I uploaded was ripped from a youtube video as Digital Foundry hadn't made article yet so that was best comparison footage I could quickly find, better quality image for PS4 really emphasises the differences. 

I've posted this in another thread:

This is done offline on screenshots with Topaz Simplify (not by me)...i don't think Switch would be able to pull exactly this, but it gives a general idea what something like BotW+ type of visuals with TW3 art style would look like....simplified, yet very distinct art style and crisp visuals.

But that would be more expensive to make...and since potential customers are not complaining, publishers are more than happy with better ROI.

Looks phenomenal, but from the looks of it I'd think in real time that'd take more power than Witcher 3 does as standard. xD

The lighting is incredible.

But yes they could have gotten a lot more out of the game with a different art style. 

irstupid said:
Barkley said:

I would think by now that people shouldn't judge a game by youtube, let alone a youtube pic.

From all my years of seeing games in person and online videos, the pic on the right is closer to what the Switch version will end up looking like on your tv/handheld than the left one.

SMH, the image on the left is not from a youtube video. It's a screenshot on the ESHOP page. The youtube video is where I got my PS4 image from in an earlier post.

Switch WILL look like the image on the left.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-complete-edition-switch/

Pinkie_pie said:
Shaunodon said:

People who alrealdy possess another system and the time to sit at home and play through the game aren't their target market. Not sure why this isn't widely understood by now.

Just because you can play it in portable doesnt mean it should cost twice as much as the home version. If thats the case then every switch port should cost twice as much as the home console version? Witcher 3 is over 4 year old and since you can get it for $30 or less on all other systems it shouldnt be $60 when it releases on the switch 

It's a new release on Nintendo console, I think it's excusable for a game to be full price even if you can get it on other consoles. It isn't the first time, hell i'm pretty sure Doom, Wolfenstein and Skyrim are still close to full price on Switch.

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 14 June 2019

Around the Network

Is Witcher 3 still a great game if the graphics look like something from the 360/PS3?

Because if graphics are the only thing that make the game good, then I won't even bother.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
Is Witcher 3 still a great game if the graphics look like something from the 360/PS3?

Yes.

HoloDust said:
Barkley said:

-snip-

-snip-

This is done offline on screenshots with Topaz Simplify (not by me)...i don't think Switch would be able to pull exactly this, but it gives a general idea what something like BotW+ type of visuals with TW3 art style would look like....simplified, yet very distinct art style and crisp visuals.

But that would be more expensive to make...and since potential customers are not complaining, publishers are more than happy with better ROI.

Holy smokes, this art style is right up my alley! Looking good!

Pinkie_pie said:
Shaunodon said:

There is no 'home version'; there's a copy that you can buy for Switch and copies you can buy for other systems. As you mentioned, The Witcher 3 is a 4 year old game, so the people who'll likely buy it on Switch won't own another system and had the time to play through it all at home. So whatever it costs on other systems doesn't mean anything.

KLAMarine said:
HoloDust said:

Holy smokes, this art style is right up my alley! Looking good!

This is reminiscent of TW3 concept art...personally, while I find the game looking quite good on Ultra, I was bit dissapointed initially that it's not leaning toward its concept art. But that's just my personal preference, I tend to lean toward stylized realism when it comes to art styles in games.