By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you take crap from people?

I used to be like you OP, but then i stopped giving a ratsass and opened my mouth, i severly recommend it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I've had cases where people would glare at me, I do what I do best and smirk at them, that really grinds their gears.

When I was in school, there was a group that would walk past me and my friends and "insult" us, or do things to annoy us. One time, they sort of surrounded us and started mocking us, it's an uncomfortable position to be in, especially when these kids were taller and in a bigger group than you. I just told them to fuck off, a few insults slipped my mouth but hey, I'm just standing my ground. If people are going to give crap, expect it back.

So no, I don't take crap from people. 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

I learned late in life that you have turn a blind eye to people's bullshit if there's nothing to gain or your safety, pride, or reputation is at risk because of it.

Calling out pathological liars is recipe for disaster because they get on the defensive and offensive.
Narcissists get aggressive if you call them out
I find the most tragic of these are people who are emotional abused in their childhood so they have insecurity issues as adults and their egos get bruised so easily by the simplest thing you say.

I'm rambling at this point. I'm jaded these days so I just ignore them if there's nothing for me to gain, or there's something to lose.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

sethnintendo said:

I can only imagine someone walking by you blinded by the sun with you thinking he gave a death stare. Thus you going home thinking evil thoughts on him.

This is such a true statement.  I have a friend who is also introverted and passive who declares that people don't like him and are giving him these "death stares"— from my friends, who all enjoy his company.  I think partly this is because because he doesn't engage in conversations and situations as much so he is free to watch the room (or area) constantly.  That means you have more opportunities to catch someone in an odd grimace or facial contortion.  Trust me, people make them on accident.  Maybe they have food stuck in their teeth or they're thinking about something.  By engaging people you might find that they never took issue in the first place, but were just lost in thought.

Also, I don't think the stereotypical gamer these days would be considered introverted/passive.  I guess I could be wrong about that, but it's just not the image I have.