By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Days Gone Opencritic 72 Metacritic 72

 

Predict the score!

95+ 3 3.26%
 
90 to 94 3 3.26%
 
85 to 89 22 23.91%
 
80 to 84 25 27.17%
 
75 to 79 14 15.22%
 
70 to 74 21 22.83%
 
65 to 69 3 3.26%
 
65 or lower 1 1.09%
 
Total:92

I give this thread a 7/10 ... seen it all before.



"Wheel me out to the curb for garbage day"

"All it takes is one voice to start this, let’s voice the voiceless, let’s arm the harmless"

Around the Network

I'm enjoying it so far.

Solid 7 to 8. It has its problems but I think its unfair to criticise it for doing open world things that make sense within the world.
The hoarder and just the zombies in general give a great sense of being anticipation... it really is scary :)
Not a fan of reviews criticising it for being like open world games, and they give Farcry new dawn better scores on the whole by a few points. It's better than that game, which really doesn't serve a purpose, and I've played all the farcry games.

Overall am enjoying it and want to play it more, but have to wait until the end of the week :(



Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

John2290 said:
In a time where Mortal Kombat gets an 86 with very little critique of its bollachs of a progression system and this game gets a 72. What bonkers world are we living in, I'm so sick of games media. Shit needs an overhaul with new blood in the mix..

This may be off topic but the Idea that games media is somehow degenerated to a point that the only way to rescue it is to forcefully lay off reviewers, seems dangerous to me.

Or as Lacan would have put it. "even if everything you said about games media, shallow, superficial, biased against straight white man, etc., is true, your obsession with it (games media) would still be pathological. Pathological in the sense that you need games media as a scapegoat in order to not address your real problem."

The real problem you have is that you can't stand the idea that your opinion on the game is not the indisputable truth but rather simply a opinion outside the mainstream.

Edit: 8/10 thread so far because I was able to bring on my pseudo parable

Last edited by MrWayne - on 28 April 2019

LudicrousSpeed said:
Heavenly_King said:

if Anthem is 6/10, then by those standards Days Gone is 9/10 or GOTY

Reviewer thought Anthem was a 6/10 shlooter.

Reviewer thought Days Gone was a 5/10 open world zombie game.

What I am talking about has nothing to do with genres, but with the standards.   Anthem has very little content, has no story being a .....you know a "STORY DRIVEN" Action RPG; a lot of glitches and flaws; and it is a 6/10. It is really messed up.



John2290 said:
pikashoe said:

How many different ways are you going to say the exact same thing in this thread. I think everyone gets what your trying too say man, no need to spam the thread.

You need to look up the definitions of "exact" and "spam".

How about don't be a dick and allow me to add my thoughts to a thread as my game time progresses. 

I'm fine with you saying you enjoy the game but don't be a dick and say that people who don't are biased sjws, every other post you put up is about this silly conspiracy theory that reviewers are biased against the game because they hate white men or some nonsense. You are making the 'exact' same point in almost every post on every page and it feels like 'spam'. 



Around the Network
John2290 said:
pikashoe said:

I'm fine with you saying you enjoy the game but don't be a dick and say that people who don't are biased sjws, every other post you put up is about this silly conspiracy theory that reviewers are biased against the game because they hate white men or some nonsense. You are making the 'exact' same point in almost every post on every page and it feels like 'spam'. 

Well if it feels like spam, it must be then. 

Pretty much 



John2290 said:
pikashoe said:

I'm fine with you saying you enjoy the game but don't be a dick and say that people who don't are biased sjws, every other post you put up is about this silly conspiracy theory that reviewers are biased against the game because they hate white men or some nonsense. You are making the 'exact' same point in almost every post on every page and it feels like 'spam'. 

Well if it feels like spam, it must be then. 

Well if it feels like a biased conspiracy from reviewers, then it must be then. 



Days Gone just has been announced the best selling game of last week in UK:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-04-28-uk-charts-days-gone-defeats-mortal-kombat-11-to-claim-no-1

It sold apparently around 70k without counting digital, so probably counting it it must has surpassed 100K (probably around 120k if we expect around 40% digital, at least 1st week) in UK at launch, which is impressive for a new IP.



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
John2290 said:

Well if it feels like spam, it must be then. 

Well if it feels like a biased conspiracy from reviewers, then it must be then. 

Damn, that was a way better comeback then mine. I tip my hat to you good sir.



John2290 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Well if it feels like a biased conspiracy from reviewers, then it must be then. 

If it feels like you're butting in, you probably are. 

Big surprise: When you make a thread entirely about your perspective of reviewers by continously bringing them up, people are going to reply to what things you're saying. Especially when you do something as ironic as trying to make a point of superficial understandings, whilst ranting about your superficial reviews on numerous sites as if they're on connected entity. (Hint: blaming the game for not appealing to the media by continously mentioning how dumb it is that the game promotes a pro-gun view is extremely asinine and almost seems purposely back-handed, it's like saying that the majority of the reviewers are too dumb to accept other people's opinions and just comes off like an excuse for the game; a scapegoat).