By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MK11 is a grind fest, with Microtransactions

Reviews for MK11 are out, but a lot of critics have been giving the game a 7/10, saying the game is super grindy. After reading three different reviews, and skimming a few others, I see a consensus forming. The following review explains the grind best...

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/mortal-kombat-11-review

It's mostly just costumes and intros though. I guess I can live with that. 

Edit: According to https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/mortal-kombat-11-review-excellent-14444438 there are Microtransactions in the game. 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 23 April 2019

Around the Network

So the microtransactions come with a game.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

IGN - 9
Gamespot - 8

Destructoid - inprogress.

The 3 most important review sites with Destructoid being the best. A Grindy fighting game? Uh yeeaaa? What fighting game series isnt grindy? Your lost Definitely. MK is leader in regards to a fully packed fighter.

Xxain said:
IGN - 9
Gamespot - 8

The 3 most important review sites with Destructoid being the best. A Grindy fighting game? Uh yeeaaa? What fighting game series isnt grindy? Your lost Definitely. MK is leader in regards to a fully packed fighter.

I think Smash Bros have it beat. Still lots of content in MK games though.

KLXVER said:
Xxain said:
IGN - 9
Gamespot - 8

I think Smash Bros have it beat. Still lots of content in MK games though.

Oh shit! I forgot about Smash.Smash Ultimate is super grindy as well.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
IGN - 9
Gamespot - 8

IGN isn't a good review site. They have 30 different writers, and hand out high scores too often. GameSpot stopped being good when they fired their executive editor in 2006 for giving an honest review of Kane and Lynch. 

I am eagerly awaiting the Destructoid review though. Chris Carter is great. That and Easy Allies is always good. 

Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Dragonball FighterZ, Smash Bros. 

Also, just because everyone does something, doesn't make that something okay. 

I mean, that review literally said that it's a fantastic game and that the reviewer had a wonderful time with it.

What they didn't enjoy were the additional modes where you grind for a huge assortment of cosmetic additions.  Just ... don't grind?  Skip that part?

Best review sites, lol. Yep, only when you agree with them.

pokoko said:

I mean, that review literally said that it's a fantastic game and that the reviewer had a wonderful time with it.

What they didn't enjoy were the additional modes where you grind for a huge assortment of cosmetic additions.  Just ... don't grind?  Skip that part?

Fatalities are locked behind that mode. What is an MK game without Fatalities? 

Cerebralbore101 said:
pokoko said:

Fatalities are locked behind that mode. What is an MK game without Fatalities? 

That's probably additional fatalities.