By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Persona 5, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Zelda: A Link to the Past in Best Buy's Employee Terminal

Twitter user @Wario64 has recently discovered pics of what appears to be Persona 5 in the employee's terminal system for Best Buy. While nothing is concrete, @Wario64 has confirmed these pics are legitimate, and these games are actually in Best Buy's system.

https://imgur.com/a/vua0ZWS

Shortly afterwards, images for listings of both Metroid Prime Trilogy and Zelda: A Link to the Past have shown up in Best Buy's system.

I'm a bit skeptical about Metroid and Zelda tbh. Persona I'm slightly more convinced considering everything revolving around it lately, as well as users such as Wario64 and MysticDistance backing up this information it seems, but take everything with a grain of salt.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

A Link to the Past? Maybe they mean Link's Awakening? ...Oh, nevermind Link's Awakening is already in their system. Huh, if they're doing a full 3D remake of A Link to the Past I'm down day 1.

And Persona 5 has just "Persona 5" as name, it makes little sense.

It should be Persona 5 Royal, or Persona 5 Something (since it's Persona 5 S). They most likely won't call it "Persona 5 Switch" (they like special names too much), at worst it would be "Persona 5 Royal Switch edition".

I'm still betting more on Persona 5 Sumo, new multiplatform fighting game.

This is just Best Buy trying to use the hype of the P5S reveal coming soon, they have no additional information (default release date, by Nintendo instead of Sega or Atlus?).

Faelco said:

It should be Persona 5 Royal, or Persona 5 Something (since it's Persona 5 S). They most likely won't call it "Persona 5 Switch" (they like special names too much), at worst it would be "Persona 5 Royal Switch edition".

This is just Best Buy trying to use the hype of the P5S reveal coming soon, they have no additional information (default release date, by Nintendo instead of Sega or Atlus?).

Well, it's in this case Published by Nintendo. So yeah, they'd be listed under publisher...

But uh yeah, if you think this is fake uh...keep the faith I guess.

Ljink96 said:
Faelco said:

Well, it's in this case Published by Nintendo. So yeah, they'd be listed under publisher...

And why would it be published by Nintendo? Persona 5 was published by Atlus and Deep Silver, Persona Q2 is published by Atlus. No reason to be published by Nintendo.

I don't have "faith", I would be happy to play an improved P5 on the go. But people just trust any baseless rumor without asking any questions, just because "they said S and S is Switch" .

Persona 4 U didn't release on the Wii U as far as I know, so let's wait to see what this S is. Since the website message mentions directly a sumo/wrestling arena, it's not unlikely to get a multiplatform fighting game, which we know is coming.

For me, a Switch announcement would be made during the Royal reveal, with PS4 and Switch versions properly announced.

Last edited by Faelco - on 02 April 2019

Around the Network
Faelco said:
Ljink96 said:

And why would it be published by Nintendo? Persona 5 was published by Atlus and Deep Silver, Persona Q2 is published by Atlus. No reason to be published by Nintendo.

I don't have "faith", I would be happy to play an improved P5 on the go. But people just trust any baseless rumor without asking any questions, just because "they said S and S is Switch" .

Persona 4 U didn't release on the Wii U as far as I know, so let's wait to see what this S is. Since the website message mentions directly a sumo/wrestling arena, it's not unlikely to get a multiplatform fighting game, which we know is coming.

For me, a Switch announcement would be made during the Royal reveal, with PS4 and Switch versions properly announced.

Why would Dragon Quest XI be published by Nintendo? Why would Dragon Quest Builders be published by Nintendo? Despite those games were published by Square? I mean, this isn't anything new to the gaming world. Nintendo would publish the game to take on the cost that Atlus and Sega would have to eat otherwise. And of course this could mean that the Switch version gets things that Royal doesn't get. The same way Dragon Quest XI is getting things the PS4 version isn't getting and legally can't unless it's timed. 

But like I said, heh...just wait for the 25th. 

Edit: But you do raise a good point, P5 Arena was delayed so this could be the fighting game, so okay we'll wait for the 25th. 

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 02 April 2019

A Link to the Past is odd

Ljink96 said:
Faelco said:

Why would Dragon Quest XI be published by Nintendo? Why would Dragon Quest Builders be published by Nintendo? Despite those games were published by Square? I mean, this isn't anything new to the gaming world. Nintendo would publish the game to take on the cost that Atlus and Sega would have to eat otherwise. And of course this could mean that the Switch version gets things that Royal doesn't get. The same way Dragon Quest XI is getting things the PS4 version isn't getting and legally can't unless it's timed. 

Edit: But you do raise a good point, P5 Arena was delayed so this could be the fighting game, so okay we'll wait for the 25th. 

All SMT/Persona Q/EO/RPG games on ds/3ds were made and published by Atlus. Bring Square here isn't relevent since Atlus isn't Square. 

We need another proof/rumor that the Persona 5 S is for Switch port. And here it is. Of course nothing is set in stone but I am believing it more.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

HoangNhatAnh said:
Ljink96 said:

All SMT/Persona Q/EO/RPG games on ds/3ds were made and published by Atlus. Bring Square here isn't relevent since Atlus isn't Square. 

If there's exclusive content made for this game requested by Nintendo, yes it would most likely be published by Nintendo. Bringing square isn't the point lol, you totally missed the point. I brought up instances where versions of other games published by a different company became published by Nintendo...never said Atlus was square, lol.