By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - User Reviews

TalonMan said:
RolStoppable said:
My reviews are rated with an average of 58%. Any chance to find out who the haters are?

I don't think we're gonna go there - besides, some of those scores are deserved. Skyrim better than BoTW???? What's the matter with you...   

I agree with Rol there...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
TalonMan said:

I don't think we're gonna go there - besides, some of those scores are deserved. Skyrim better than BoTW???? What's the matter with you...   

I used to think that both games were just as good. And then I went back to Skyrim after playing BotW. Skyrim's combat is clunky. The PC carries his weapons like a T-Rex in heat. Half the NPCs enemies are copy/pasted bandits with no charm or personality whatsoever. Dungeons are all the same basic layout with nothing interesting at all. BotW's shrines are almost all memorable and unique, handcrafted experiences. You can't climb anything, so getting around mountains is a huge chore. With the fast travel mechanic, and the annoying mountains, you're pretty much asked not to ever go exploring by the developers. All geography and towns in Skyrim are pretty much the same. Alchemy is super OP in Skyrim, gamebreaking even. The physics in Skyrim are the same as Oblivion. BotW does interesting things with its physics engine. Stealth in Skyrim isn't dynamic enough. You can walk right in front of an NPC, in broad daylight if your Sneak skill is high enough. Stealth in BotW feels real. Skyrim just has spells, bows, shields, and weapons you can swing in the same basic fashion. BotW's weapons and gear are varied and interesting. There's Spears, Rods, Axes, Bows, and so much more! All of these weapons in BotW behave differently or have different effects. They all feel different. A Sword, Axe, and a Club in Skyrim feel exactly the same. Lightning, Fire, and Ice all feel the same in Skyrim. 

Now, don't get me wrong Skyrim is a great game, but damn BotW just outdid it on so many levels!

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 26 March 2019

Cerebralbore101 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I used to think that both games were just as good. And then I went back to Skyrim after playing BotW. Skyrim's combat is clunky. The PC carries his weapons like a T-Rex in heat. Half the NPCs enemies are copy/pasted bandits with no charm or personality whatsoever. Dungeons are all the same basic layout with nothing interesting at all. BotW's shrines are almost all memorable and unique, handcrafted experiences. You can't climb anything, so getting around mountains is a huge chore. With the fast travel mechanic, and the annoying mountains, you're pretty much asked not to ever go exploring by the developers. All geography and towns in Skyrim are pretty much the same. Alchemy is super OP in Skyrim, gamebreaking even. The physics in Skyrim are the same as Oblivion. BotW does interesting things with its physics engine. Stealth in Skyrim isn't dynamic enough. You can walk right in front of an NPC, in broad daylight if your Sneak skill is high enough. Stealth in BotW feels real. Skyrim just has spells, bows, shields, and weapons you can swing in the same basic fashion. BotW's weapons and gear are varied and interesting. There's Spears, Rods, Axes, Bows, and so much more! All of these weapons in BotW behave differently or have different effects. They all feel different. A Sword, Axe, and a Club in Skyrim feel exactly the same. Lightning, Fire, and Ice all feel the same in Skyrim. 

Now, don't get me wrong Skyrim is a great game, but damn BotW just outdid it on so many levels!

I barely reached the 100h in Botw, while I could go for more after +200h of Skyrim. The story and quests make all the difference, BotW Hyrule is barren once you finish all the temples.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I barely reached the 100h in Botw, while I could go for more after +200h of Skyrim. The story and quests make all the difference, BotW Hyrule is barren once you finish all the temples.

That reminds me that Skyrim's main quest is kind of bad. Just do these unrealistic civil war battles, where you have to kill a certain number of enemies onscreen to win. On last gen consoles these fights slowed the game's framerate to a crawl. BotW's story wasn't perfect either though. 

RolStoppable said:
My reviews are rated with an average of 58%. Any chance to find out who the haters are?

Read the FIFA and Skyrim reviews. Chuckled at FIFA, bust out laughing twice at Skyrim. You earned that 4% bump.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."