Forums - PC Discussion - Finally Finished Chrono Trigger

Tagged games:

When it was first released on steam it was the port that had been made for mobile.  The interface was pretty bad, assets were the not up to expectations, there were some other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head.  All of that is fixed now so you probably didn't run into them.

I like Akira Toriyama's character designs. Chrono Trigger, FF7, and FF6 are in my top tier of old JRPGs.  FF7 looks a bit dated now as apposed to Chrono Trigger and FF6 given that they sprite based.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

To be honest, I never like Chrono Trigger a huge lot (I do like it though). It took me a few times to get into it, the dystopian future kind of put me off. I eventually got around to beating it. It took a bit for me to get a hang of the story. But it was overall a fantastic game. Chrono Cross on the other hand blew me away. The atmosphere, the art, the colours, the characters, and maybe my favourite soundtrack to a game. I listen to it to this day when I want to listen to game music. I find people complaining about it are all either "The story was stupid, I didn't understand it" or "The game was too dark, not like Chrono Trigger." which is ironic considering how dark and tragic Chrono Trigger really is (The dystopian future, Schala's story was fucking sad.)

Spoiler!
Spoiler text.So Chrono Cross's story is about dealing with Schala and the aftermath of destroying a future (he dystopian universe being destroyed caused a rift in the universe causing a parallel universe.)

The story itself was never finished. Literally stuff happens and then you go to the end boss. The game also has a ton of endings. I'm not sure how different they are, but one sounds like it's very different. I only finished it once, but the game managed to stick with me like few do. The game is absolutely beautiful. Some of, if not the best locals I've seen in a game. And again, one of the best sound tracks. I plan to replay Chrono Cross again at some point, I don't think I'd ever touch Chrono Trigger again (Maybe youtube cutscenes). Ultimately, for me, Chrono Cross is a very atmospheric game. It takes you into the world and brings you in for a ride.

A Masterful, timeless game, one of my favorites ever. The characters, story and sidequests are so memorable and the game is perfectly paced. The OST is simply godly.

SpokenTruth said:
think-man said:

I tried :( its not a bad game. I just didn't think it was anything special. 

How far did you get?

The last time, I think it was some prehistoric bone village or something 

think-man said:
SpokenTruth said:

How far did you get?

OK, you are still way early in the game.  It gets much better.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
think-man said:

Yes, I agree.

My favorite game of all-time. Make sure you do all the end-game side quests. These are some of the most fun and creative in the game, they make the most of the fact you can now travel freely through the time periods and they provide you with the best equipment in the game too.

After you're done with that, you're ready for New Game Plus and the 16 different endings the game has to offer.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 26 March 2019

Signature goes here!

All I can say is thank God for the internet. You're a kid and you play these games and have the most incredible experiences but nobody you know can relate. People see you playing and say "What is this shit?".
It's good to see others that appreciate a masterpiece the same way that you did. I'm enjoying most of these comments.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

Azzanation said:
SpokenTruth said:

Yes, I agree.

I'll give it another try sometime then :)