By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Outer Worlds skipping Steam for Epic Games Store

Tagged games:

Ka-pi96 said:

I never said I hoped they'd flop, I couldn't give a crap about them so I really couldn't care less what they do. I'll definitely be mocking them if they do flop though, and any other devs that leave Steam too!

And people always have a choice. I won't ever buy AOE1 HD or Warcraft 3 reforged since they're not on Steam. That's my choice. If they were on Steam then I'd get them both, but they're not and there's certainly no shortage of other games to play, I don't need them so I'll simply choose never to buy them.

So you are a gamer who picks platforms over the games, well thats you. Warcraft 3 is a childhood game for me, i wont skip it. I will vent my frustration when companies continues to money hat platforms, however Warcraft 3 belongs on battle.net so i am not complaining there.

Whats your favourite gaming franchise? And will you boycott its release for 12 months if it was locked away?

Last edited by Azzanation - on 22 March 2019

Around the Network
Chazore said:

CladInShadows said: 

I'm telling you no such thing.  You can buy whatever you want or don't want.  But the fact is, it's YOU who are making the decision whether to buy from a particular storefront. And that's not the same as a game being exclusive to a piece of hardware you don't currently own. Not the same at all.

You are giving me zero options when you say what you said beforehand. It becomes a you go for it or it becomes "artificially forced", which then becomes a simple "go buy it", ergo, telling me what to do. I don't buy into that "if you want it so much you'd go for it" mentality, because that involves throwing away principles and standards. if you're up for that, go for it, be my guest, but I'm not, so it becomes a "you do this and like it" whenever that phrase is tossed my way. See, I don't take kindly to being told when to lower my standards, and I know in this instance, with what's currently going on, they aren't all the way to the Moon. I'm also not up for giving up consumer choice and protections either. 

Don't put words in my mouth pal.  I'll not back down on my stance...this is a self-imposed restriction. Plain and simple.  To deny it or try to spin it any other way is silly.  And therefore is absolutely nothing like the current console wars.

But I really don't give a crap what you buy or what you play.  If you see this as me trying to dictate where you buy your games, well, you might want to start actually listening to words instead of trying to fit some hidden meaning or agenda to what people say.

CladInShadows said:

Don't put words in my mouth pal.  I'll not back down on my stance...this is a self-imposed restriction. Plain and simple.  To deny it or try to spin it any other way is silly.  And therefore is absolutely nothing like the current console wars.

But I really don't give a crap what you buy or what you play.  If you see this as me trying to dictate where you buy your games, well, you might want to start actually listening to words instead of trying to fit some hidden meaning or agenda to what people say.

Don't force some non decision on me to suit your own view then, pal...

It's silly of you to even utter it in the first place. It very much is, just not in the way you look at it. 

If you didn't care, why would you fight so hard?. Don't be petty.

And no, I won't be backing down either.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Yep, I'm done. Not worth it. Carry on.

CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

Metro sold 2.5x more on Epic Store than the last Metro game on Steam..

Is there confirmation that this figure didn't include Steam pre-orders?

Not sure exactly however people should have the option to cancel there pre order if they wanted to, you would think. I feel majority just didnt care what platform its on aslong as they can play it.

Around the Network

With this concept of a 'console war on PC', as a non-PC gamer, how much of an issue is it really to have a couple of different launchers on your desktop? Isn't it effectively just like opening a different app for a game released of the other store?

Plus it's not like Steam had it all it's own way before. EA stopped releasing on Steam years ago in favour of pushing players onto their Origin store. And didn't Unisoft do something similar with their Uplay store?

BasilZero said:
SecondWar said:
With this concept of a 'console war on PC', as a non-PC gamer, how much of an issue is it really to have a couple of different launchers on your desktop? Isn't it effectively just like opening a different app for a game released of the other store?

Plus it's not like Steam had it all it's own way before. EA stopped releasing on Steam years ago in favour of pushing players onto their Origin store. And didn't Unisoft do something similar with their Uplay store?

Lacking of features is one major point such as controller configuration (Steam lets you choose between M/K, PS4 , Xbox One, Switch Pro and various other third party controllers - and allows you to re-map them as you fit).

Some clients do additional things (i.e. there's evidence of the Epic Client scanning for various items that no other client does, ie datamining information).

Also the fact that having all games under one library and being integrated into the infrastructure (steam cloud saves, achievements, time log, etc).

EA stopped yes but not Ubisoft - they sell Steam keys but still make you log into Uplay - so both Uplay and Steam features are used.

I'd guessed the thing about the one signle complete library, but I'd forgotten the thing about the cooud saves. I can understand the the data mining issue, that just sounds creepy and unnecessary.